Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, lovely news!  Congratulations!  joy.gif

Mama to my beautiful boys (July 07, Jan 10, May 12)  uc.jpg jumpers.gif

#32 of 43 Old 09-04-2012, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Congratulations ! hope you are recovering easily now ..... wishing you well ....
#33 of 43 Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Many studies have shown the rise in autism in the United States due to the rise in vaccines given to children. 1 in 88 children have autism in the United States. And many more have behavioral problems because of nervous conditions.

I have a two year old with no vaccines. She is completely healthy and happy with no problems. I worked with children and adults that have autism and mental retardation and I would never wish that on anyone's child. Therefore, I will never vaccinate and never endorse vaccinations. I do not believe they help in any way. I believe that the drug companies want to make money and they are not giving doctors and nurses the correct information on the study of these drugs and the drug side effects. It would not be the first time corporations lie to the public to cause harm and greed.

I believe that Everest is right.

God has all authority. Not the government. Many people die defending their rights given to them by God.

If the government ever made it MANDATORY for me to harm my child. I would rebuke whatever the consequences.

Thanks for hearing my point of view.

#34 of 43 Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 AM

Thanks for reviving this post :).  I also found this thread doing research on vaccination requirements [for school entry] and by no means was I confused by the title to think otherwise, particularly since you ONLY needed to read the OP's post to clarify matters :).  The thread very clearly and early spoke about school and group activities.

My husband and I are considering going to Europe this summer to live there for a year or two (DDs and DH are european nationals, he's Basque from Spain side).  I have two daughters, my 5 year old has had one  DTaP shot (when she was 2 months old, she slept for 12 hours, scared me from 'delaying' vaxes to 'no vaxes' at the time) and a Polio vax given this past June.  My 3 year old daughter is unvaccinated, was only going to do Polio for her when she was four as well.  DTaP (or DT) and Polio are the only vaccines that I planned on giving them until age 12, and then reconsider MRM separately.  So I am relieved to see France only requires those.  (oh, excuse me, let me clarify, requires those for SCHOOL).

I read a little French, but it is hard for me to do internet research using the right key words.  Is there a website that specifies how many shots of diptheria, tatanus, and Polio are required?  Do they accept tethers?  I can have my daughter' doctor check to see if the one shot was sufficient for her.  Is there a website for LLL that I can start contacting from here?  We would probably move somewhere in the Basque area near Spain.

#35 of 43 Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaMaite View Post We would probably move somewhere in the Basque area near Spain.

We would probably move to France, in the French Basque area near Spain, I meant.  We are still undecided on the country.

#36 of 43 Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 PM

My kids are vaccinated, so I didn't have a problem when I moved here.  I have friends who are very anti-vax and ended up having to get the course of 3 DTaPs so their kids could start school.

If I felt very uncomfortable with my kids having those vaccines, I would not hesitate to falsify their records.  We moved here with their red books from the UK which contain most of their medical history and their vaccinations.  No-one in France will send for their medical records from another country.  When you sign them up for school, they will ask you to bring their vaccination book.  Someone looks through it briefly to and check that they have had three DTaPs at some time or other.  And that's it.  Anyone could fill in a fake serial number, date, and signature.

Not that I am endorsing that kind of fraudulent activity of course winky.gif

JuliaMaite likes this.

#37 of 43 Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 AM

Hey Mothering people. Everest here. I just wanted to say hello and also to let you know that our little boy Blaise is doing GREAT! He's four and a half months old now and thriving on his mother's breast milk. We're going to start him on biodynamic rice porridge and organic veggies from the garden very soon :-) He caught his first cold at Christmas and fought it off like a trooper! That's my boy.

My wife has taken Blaise for a couple of doctor's appointments. No vaccinations were given although they were offered. The doctor tried to make it sound like they were "obligatoire" in France - of course, my wife put the doc firmly but politely in their place! The doctor wants to give our boy some vaccinations when he is one. I won't be pushed into this. In fact, the more the doc tries to push it, the more I push back.

I can't help thinking that the aforementioned diet is more than enough protection for our children. We are not "chicken McNugget" people. We care deeply about the food we eat, how it is produced (usually grown by me) and cooked. I will not be coerced into vaccinating our boy just because it's obligatory for schooling purposes. I'm not 100% on the educational benefits of school either, but that's another story! LOL!

Anyway, big dollops of love to you lovely mothers. Glad this thread is alive and well. Fatherhood is an amazing trip too! :-)

#38 of 43 Old 01-15-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post

The doctor tried to make it sound like they were "obligatoire" in France

Oh yeah, that is always the way.  I think the French love to make rules, but they do also love to ignore them when it suits whistling.gif

#39 of 43 Old 05-15-2013, 02:54 PM

I am very happy to have found this thread. I am moving from the US in July and have been very upset about the mandatory vaccine for entering school and activities. My three oldest are vaccinated but I truly believe my third child was injured by Vaccines. My 4th child is 4 yrs old and completely unvaxed. By the way he is the healthiest kid I ever had! Babymonster I am with your thoughts....I will do what I need to do to have my child attend school or activities but it won't be by vaccinating. wink1.gif Thank you for the information regarding how many are required because this was the info I needed.Cheers!

#40 of 43 Old 07-27-2014, 12:28 AM

Hello,
Yes also glad to find this thread. I am hoping to move to South West France (Landes) from the UK, by the end of this year with my family. We have 2 girls 3 and 9 without vaccinations and I intend to keep it this way. I would like to find a way for them to attend school, but am prepared to home school if this is not possible.
So this discussion is very interesting!

http://www.infovaccin.fr/

Great site here, though in French....can't understand it all!
Warm wishes!
#41 of 43 Old 07-28-2014, 12:51 AM

If you want them to go to school, make sure you don't mention the lack of vaccines. That's a whole can of worms you don't want to open. Keep quiet, and see what they say. Our kids recently changed school, and they didn't even ask to see their health books. I think there was a question on the school form asking the date of their last DTaP.
Skybright likes this.

#42 of 43 Old 08-01-2014, 07:09 PM

I have a 17 year old with Asperger's Syndrome and I also have a 2 year old toddler. I'll never forget the day I had my 17 year old vaccinated as a baby with the MMR vaccine. He was a bright, bouncy, sociable, alert and talkative boy. Normal in every way. Afterwards my son fell into a deep slumber. He slept soundly for far too long and when he awoke he was not the same boy. When he slept I watched over him with a strange fear from the start which I could not understand or attribute to anything (it was 1997 and no one was worried about vaccines). Then I realised he was sleeping too long. He whimpered a few times in his sleep. After he awoke I felt he was different but I could not put my finger on it. He seemed more distant. He was never the same again. I believe the vaccine may have caused his autism. He has taken all of our time, love and attention and now after many years, we finally felt we could give enough attention to a second child. But I have not had this second baby vaccinated. No vaccine is going to go any where near him. When I mentioned this to our Doctor here in France I was surprised by his thinly veiled consternation. I didn't realise it was such an issue here. But I'll homeschool him if necessary. I largely homeschooled my first and he is already in his first year at Uni (very proud). If schools in the UK are anything to go by then school isn't such a great place for children these days anyway.
Skybright likes this.
#43 of 43 Old 08-03-2014, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
i don't have time to translate it all but this link could be of use to parent already living in France (who can read french)
http://fr.scribd.com/doc/190787306/P...r-le-re-aliser

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page