Vaccines in France - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-05-2012, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My family will be moving to France in June and my oldest son will be starting ecole primaire there. So far here we've not given him any vaccines by requesting exemption due to religious reasons. Truly I just don't like vaccines; they scare me. Does anyone know how to go about getting him into school there with no/minimal vaccines? He is of french nationality so there are no excuses there. 

#2 of 3 Old 02-06-2012, 12:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

in the search box, type in

vaccination france

you'll find a bunch of previous answers from the last 3 years in the France sub forum

& that might give you some ideas

in any case

1 - make sure you know which (3 only i think as of now) ones are mandatory in France

since some doctors tend to"push" the non compulsory one by not being very clear

2 - find a doctor who will be willing to write an exemption note

(that will depend on your child personal situation, read other answers to get an idea of what you can claim over here .... see if it would fit your situation ...)

not much time today for writing more but quite a lot of the info to be had can be found in previous questions/answers ...

#3 of 3 Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not sure where you are on all this now, but I just thought I would mention that there is no religious exemption for vaccines in France. There are only three mandatory vaccines - diphtheria, tetanus and polio, but it is very hard to get just these three and not others that are also in the same shot. The only valid exemption is for medical reasons.

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page