Looking to move to France in a year or two. I have so many questions! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-28-2012, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DF and I are discussing the steps to move to France. We are a no vax family, but considering the exposure in Ill-de-France to various nationalities that do experience those diseases, we are contemplating doing the 3 mandatory vaccines. 

Also how would one go about getting Student Work visas? We would like to take classes, but also will need to work, either I will transfer to a Starbucks, or get a job in a cafe. Our son will be 1 1/2-2 depending on when we move. So he may or may not be put into school. Our idea is to stay for a year and than make our decision if we want to stay for another year, and or just move there permanently. 

My other point of consideration is that I would love to teach and take the TEFL, is that possible as a mother? I did a lot of research when I was single but don't remember where I found the info. 

Also how much would a French au pair charge to care for our son while we are in school/working, since we won't have any family to care for him. I am a relaxed AP mama, I have to be realistic for the goals we have set for our family. 

TIA for any and all info! 

#2 of 2 Old 11-30-2012, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

in Ile de France you might have to get the BCG too (see the links i posted in another recent thread)

school regulation has changed for age a little while back = you are unlikely to find a place in Maternelle (no fee -free french kindergarten) before age3 or even 3and a half (= the September after you child turns 3 basically)

don't know anything about visas, sorry

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page