Hi there, I am desperately seeking other mamas who wish to:

go on day hikes (maybe even camping)

make art with natural materials

learn and sing nature songs 

visit local farms

care about animal welfare and our environment

don't eat (often) processed packaged foods

and want to normalize the green "lifestyle" with other families.treehugger.gif

I know there a lot of French families like this, but they don't speak English.

So, it is a long shot, I know ... but if there are any, they are sure to be on Mothering.com rocks.jpg

Merci!!!!

-Nicole

#2 of 3 Old 04-20-2013, 03:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If you want to take a day trip to farms or countryside out in the French boonies, or possibly even meet in/around Paris (either by planning a trip or meeting up when we're there sometime), we are 90min by TGV...

How old are your kids? I know a few families around here with at least one American parent, so a bunch of English-speaking kids (at least passively) with ages ranging from 18m-5yo. Do you not speak French at all, or are you looking for bilingual support / activities in Englsh?

There are some good camping and hiking places in the Vosges about an hour from here, but I tend to like some elevation change, lakes, etc, I don't know of much like that around Paris. Feel free to get in touch in any case!

#3 of 3 Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Nicole, I have just found your post. We live in the Middle East for most of the year but have a house in the Loire Valley where we stay in the summer. It's one hour on the TGV and there's lots of nature there! If you ever decide to visit the area, let me know. I would love to meet up. I have a 4-year old boy and a soon-to-be 9 year old girl.

There also www.messageparis.org if you're looking for an English-speaking moms' group in Paris. They're not all tree-hugging like you, but there are a few here and there.

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page