Chicken Pox Party? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-16-2009, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

Two part topic here...
I searched for "chicken pox party" in the Germany Tribe forum and came up with squat. So I just wanted to start the conversation.
Anyone know of any? Heard of any around... ever?
I know the CP vax is common for German kids so I figured they'd be harder to find but honestly I was expecting to find something here!

If I find one I'll be sure to post in case anyone else is interested.

Part 2...
I'm worried because DD will be starting KiGa in fall 2010. Can they turn her away for not getting vax? I'm pretty sure the only paperwork we signed for my 4 year old (who is fully vaxed) was something that said his vax were all "up-to-date" but no shot records were required or anything. Up-to-date according to who's opinion?

-Jennifer

DS blahblah.gif 10/04, DD upsidedown.gif 05/08, DS bouncy.gif01/10, DS  thumbsuck.gif Due 09/13
#2 of 7 Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 AM

Well I don't know of any Chicken Pox parties, but I DO know that German schools have no vaccination requirements! I think you do need to inform the schools of what each child has been given, but only for health reasons (ie, CP outbreak). Hope that helps!

Mama to a wild girl and a chill lil' man , wife to a mad scientist , and resident of a country that I love to hate and hate to love.
#3 of 7 Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 AM

Not sure how it is in Bruecken but where I am most KITAs require proof of shots in the form an Imfausweiss and a few private ones do not such as Waldorf or Waldkindergarten. Is the Kindergarten Stadtlich (do you go through the Jungendamt)? If so, the Jungendamt may have it's regulations. I know someone who worked at the Jungendamt and was not able to get her kid into a Stadtlich Kindergarten.
#4 of 7 Old 08-18-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitylou View Post
I think you do need to inform the schools of what each child has been given, but only for health reasons (ie, CP outbreak). Hope that helps!
Okay, this sounds familiar... we may have agreed to inform them if our child came down with something.... I can't remember, it's been so long!

It's a Katholic Kindergarten (the only one in our town) and next year it will be full with a waiting list. I didn't want there to be a reason to turn us away. But this sounds good.

DS blahblah.gif 10/04, DD upsidedown.gif 05/08, DS bouncy.gif01/10, DS  thumbsuck.gif Due 09/13
#5 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 06:36 AM

Can you or a friend call and ask if they require shots/Impfausweiss? Maybe a friend who is "interested in sending their child there." Or ask for a list of what you need for your daughter next year.

It would probably save you some trouble next year if they do require it and you chose not to immunize and you have to find a KITA without shot requirements in the last minute.

Good luck!
#6 of 7 Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 AM

Regarding vaccinations, I agree there might or might not be a problem.

Often the only shot they are really interested in is the tetanus one. (In case a kid has an accident while there.)

Regarding chicken pox parties: Although there is a shot against it now, even many people who are pro-vax, often choose not to have that one. So it should not be all too difficult to find somebody who has it if you should wish to have your kid(s) exposed to it. Just keep your ears open.
#7 of 7 Old 10-20-2009, 07:35 AM

You could also google for "Windpockenparty". I just gave it a try and google came up with about 9000 results.

May I just be allowed to say: If your kids do get chicken pox, please make very sure they stay away from young babies and pregnant moms, especially those that are close to term, as it is very dangerous for these groups to catch chicken pox. (No offence, please! It's the midwife in me talking...)
I suppose the best age to have them is probably around pre school.

Best sisterly regards,
Nina

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page