anyone know about tick borne encephalitis? i'm in austria, trying to figure out when to get the vaccine - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello ladies, i'm not in germany but you are my big sister tribe I believe: we are living in austria!

so we live in a high tick area in southern austria. we live in a city and its not even summer yet and our dog has had two ticks in the last couple weeks. but I'm wondering about vaccines during a tww or in early pregnancy. I feel like its pretty important that I get these shots. but if i am pregnant this month, should i wait until i'm in the second trimester? should we skip a month or two to get the first set of shots (the first two shots are a month apart, and then one more a year later). the waiting for two months sounds totally annoying but we will probably be living here for at least a few years and I certainly don't want to get encephalitis while pregnant!

anyhow, does anyone have thoughts?

also just to be clear, I'm actually fine with vaccines in general (i know many folks feel differently), but I do know that some vaccines are contraindicated in pregnancy... just wanted to hear what you ladies though or what your doctors have said to you about it.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 04:46 AM

From what I found is that it's best to wait until you're in the 2nd trimester to get the FSME vaccine. Since the vacc contains the dead virus it's not contraindicated in pregnancy. HTH and good luck with ttc.

Oh yea and I Austria!

Married to my DH geek.gif and Mom to DS (10) fencing.gif DS (9), DD (4) dust.gif, DS (2) diaper.gif and  stork-girl.gif in June.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

thanks so much!

I think if I'm not pregnant this month I'll just take next month off from ttc until I'm up to date on the first two vaccines. I guess if I am we wont be going anywhere out of the city for a while!

User Tag List