Anyone in Halle (Saale)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-04-2011, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone! My husband, daughter (19 mos) and I just moved to Halle last week from the States, and we don't know anyone. I am desperate for some playdates...is anyone in the area? Or if not, anyone have any ideas of things to do in Halle with a toddler?

#2 of 7 Old 09-09-2011, 08:30 AM

welcome to Germany! I am not in Halle but my husband went to uni there and we have friends we visit a couple times per year. They have a 9-months old, I will ask them what childfriendly activities there are.

hh2.gif

#3 of 7 Old 09-10-2011, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I would definitely appreciate it. I am kind of at a loss as to where to go in town with a toddler, and it gets so hard being cooped up in our apartment all the time.

#4 of 7 Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 AM

sorry for the late reply. My friend was busy and also, as her son is still in the baby stage, she is not really participating in many activities besides specific classes (like PEKIP). I will try to find something relevant soon. sorry!

hh2.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-22-2011, 02:40 PM
ekh

Hi, we're not in Halle, but we visit there in the summer always. It's my husband's hometown. 

If the weather is decent, definitely check out the Peissnitz (a big park). They have children's theatre, concerts, playgrounds, etc. 

In summer, there is the Wasserspielplatz and the lake, the Heidesee in Nietleben. The Heide forest is great for walking and there are playgrounds everywhere. 

Mama to H (3/18/08)blahblah.gif and A (8/25/09)energy.gif

#6 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 09:43 PM

I know this is kinda late, I'm just browsing through the topics but WHAT IN THE WORLD brought you to Halle/Saale from the States? I went to school there, near the Riebekplatz. I don't even know if it still exists. It's not the prettiest place on earth, that's for sure but it's very close to where I was born and grew up so I hope you enjoy your time there. 

joy.gif
#7 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we've already moved on (in Mainz now), but we're in Germany b/c my husband is doing some research for his PhD. Halle has some archival material that he needed to work with.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page