Mothering Forum banner

Where do we all live?

13K views 132 replies 90 participants last post by  sarahmomof3 
#1 ·
Sure it's been done before but always good to have a reminder!

I'm in South Bucks, not far from Windsor!

#34 ·
Another US ex-pat!

I am thrilled to say that I am about to live in Southeast London again. My husband (he's English) and I have been in Brooklyn for the past 3 years, and while we've absolutely loved our time here, the baby on the way in October told us it was time to go home, which was always the plan anyway. It was bit edgy for the past few weeks as we waited for my Indefinite Leave to Remain to be reinstated, but it came through yesterday and we're flying home in 12 days!

We'll be staying with our wonderful ILs for a few weeks while we look for a place, but we're aiming for something in or near Brockley.

#40 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pen_esque View Post
We may be neighbours soon. We're looking at houses in Brockley/Lewisham today!
cool! i really like it around here. I'm in the hilly fields area, and lewisham is going to be changing quite a bit in the next 10 years.
there are good transport links, nice parks, easy feeling neighborhood.
hope you find something you like.
drop me a line if you need any info on the area.

#46 ·
Hmmm, big place or little place?

My next guesses would be Leek, Rainow or Congleton... Or i guess Wilmslow, but you're getting up against Stockport then. And it depends too on if you're counting Buxton as a town or not. My brother used to work in Buxton - he's in Stockport now. My other 3 brothers are all in Macc still

It's not Cheadle or Cheadle Hulme is it? My family's recent history, such as it is, is in Cheadle and Cheadle Hulme!