Mothering Forum banner

Where do we all live?

13K views 132 replies 90 participants last post by  sarahmomof3 
#1 ·
Sure it's been done before but always good to have a reminder!

I'm in South Bucks, not far from Windsor!

#7 ·
Cornwall.

I lived in Brixton for a few years about eleven years ago....ahhhh those were the days, the Fridge, that really cool restaurant in or under the church, can't remember what its called... The Hobgoblin pub.

I Loved South London..

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by elsa1975 View Post
Guildford.
I am from Turkey and we have been living in UK since Sep 2006.
We came due to DH's job. I was 6 months pregnant at the time

We love our town.
Turkey? My husband's parents are both Turkish Cypriots. I visited Istanbul a year and a half ago and LOVED it! I'm now hooked on Turkish foods (minus meats as I'm a vegetarian). The streets of Istanbul reminded me of what Paris must've been like in the 1800s along the Left Bank. Everyone sits outside eating and drinking and chatting away. Beautiful place.

#14 ·
Penrith, Cumbria

I'm a US transplant... moved to UK May 07, found out I was pregnant almost as soon as we arrived. We are planning on returning to the states this summer. But in the meantime, I know nothing about where I live and don't know anyone. I'm a brand-new SAHM still trying to figure out how to "do" the whole SAHM-thing.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily Eve View Post
Turkey? My husband's parents are both Turkish Cypriots. I visited Istanbul a year and a half ago and LOVED it! I'm now hooked on Turkish foods (minus meats as I'm a vegetarian). The streets of Istanbul reminded me of what Paris must've been like in the 1800s along the Left Bank. Everyone sits outside eating and drinking and chatting away. Beautiful place.

Thank you,I am glad you liked my city.
Yep,Turkish food is very tasty
esp. veggie dishes.

#20 ·
Crickey for all us Americans! we are in solihull, but my newborn was born in Brum

Been here since nov 2006, but originally from Iowa

#23 ·
NE London.

Another US expat here. After 11 yrs in the US with my English husband, we moved here in Jan 07. It was hard work moving with two small children, but we're all settled in now and love it - making good friends and love the area. Although there's a definite lack of crunchiness around here that keeps me coming back to MDC!