Gaza Father Finds Out Four Year Old Daughter Survived - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2009, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7843430.stm

Quote:
The BBC's Christian Fraser went in search of the father of an injured child he saw in an Egyptian hospital during hostilities and tracked him down in Northern Gaza.

Four year old Samar Abed Rabbo was wounded by Israeli troops, according to her family. The Israeli army says it is investigating the claim.
The girl will probably never walk again. Her two sisters were killed.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heartbreaking

And yet another in a string of accounts where women & children were shot at deliberately by IDF after being asked to leave their homes.

That little girl's smile is beautiful. DH was in ISM and was struck by how Palestinian children managed to smile despite the struggle of daily life.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

yk, I know this is three years old but its come up on my mothering feed and I'm shocked all over again.

I'm sorry, but how in the world any human being can do this to another is beyond my comprehension. Women and children, babies. 

There is no excuse for this. I am fed up to the back teeth with people trying to justify this regime. Attacking civilians, let alone children, is barbaric beyond belief. Targeting young children. Every single person involved is culpable, as far as I am concerned, for allowing a culture where gunning down three children whose grandmother was waving a white flag-where that is even possible. When that happens in the US, in the UK, its is seen as mass murder, as a massacre of innocents and it needs to be treated in exactly the same way by the Israeli army, and by all their allies. 

Four years ago this happened and afaik, no inquiry, no change. Shocking. 

Raising Geek_Generation_2.0 :LET ds= 10 ; LET dd1= ds - 2; LET dd2=dd-2; IF month=0.67 THEN LET ds = ds+1; 

User Tag List