Parents keep child's gender under wraps - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110524/ts_yblog_thelookout/parents-keep-childs-gender-under-wraps

This would be so hard, but I love it! I didn't read many comments but also didn't comment myself so I wouldn't get bashed. People are hating this idea. I think it's amazing and brave. I know I'm not the only one. It aggravates me that people are bashing a couple's well-thought-out choice.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#2 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

They are dumping an awfully agenda on a very small child. 

Arduinna likes this.
#3 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

I do agree to a point but I also love the idea of it. That said, I couldn't do it, I admit. winky.gif But I do think it's an interesting idea and definitely believe it's a good thing to challenge people's ideas of gender.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#4 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 PM

Wow!  Thanks for posting this....how interesting.

One of my boys has always been mistaken for a girl. He was pretty much a girl...as in toys and choices, until about a year ago.(He is 8). He didn't wear girl clothes though.  He just lets people think he is a girl if they want to. I have seen him at b-day parties where the hostess called him a she and gave him girl prizes. He didn't care at all and loved the prizes. I, personally get tired of the 'you will make him gay comment'    The teacher at school had to tell the class he was a boy. He has such a strong character and he doesn't care what anyone thinks and children are not judgmental like adults can be. The school is alternative (island style Montessori) so this suits him too.

Because of my experience with my son I think these parents are doing a great thing. Not sure if I would ever have the nerve though :) I get enough negative comments just for letting my Storm be himself....another Storm :)

selectivevax.gifbfolderchild.gifdelayedvax.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifnocirc.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gifsurf.gif     t.v. free  

Living happily on a little island in the sun
#5 of 7 Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Your son sounds like a fantastic kid--and you a fantastic mama!

#6 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 08:52 AM

Bad Idea.  I have to agree Bud who posted a comment on the article.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#7 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 08:56 AM

awwww, thank you so much :)   

selectivevax.gifbfolderchild.gifdelayedvax.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifnocirc.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gifsurf.gif     t.v. free  

Living happily on a little island in the sun

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page