breastfeeding doll coming to america - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-16-2011, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/07/16/new-doll-that-teaches-how-to-breast-feed-causing-controversy/

Just had to share this real quick! Of course it's only an issue when it comes to America... *where's that eyeroll smilie? 

#2 of 5 Old 07-17-2011, 02:08 PM

Boys can breastfeed their dolls too! I will convince myself that the problem people have with the doll in the US is caused by gender stereotyping play.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#3 of 5 Old 07-17-2011, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I want to buy one for myself!  My son also has a baby doll, one he picked out on his own after my daughter was born. It is sweet to watch children, both girls and boys, play with dolls. And, there is really nothing wrong with this breastfeeding doll. People need to grow up and realize that the breast has a purpose--for feeding babies!

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#4 of 5 Old 07-18-2011, 06:01 PM

Honestly, I think the doll itself is kind of dumb.  The entire flower nipple thing is wierd to me.  And "teaching to breastfeed"?!?!?  Hmmm, not really.

I, of course, have no issue with children bfeeding their dolls, I just don't really get the concept of this being a teaching thing--- it's not as if the kids actually *learn* how to bfeed (or could "learn" in this manner).

#5 of 5 Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 AM

I don't really get the point... my DS & his friends all "nurse" their stuffed animals & dolls, you don't need a special doll to do it, and the flower-nipples are a little, um, creepy??? But whatever... I guess I'm all for anything that raises BF awareness and I'd rather have that than the millions of dolls that come with bottles (not saying anything bad about bottle-feeding, it's just annoying that EVERY doll seems to come with one). It gets points for the idea, not the execution, in my book.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif

Tags
Dolls Pretend Play , Breastfeeding

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page