Beyonce Credits Breastfeeding for Her Rapid Post-Baby Weight Loss - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-04-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

TheCelebrityCafe reports:

Quote:

[Beyonce], who has always been open about how hard she works to keep her slim figure, says that the combination of diet and breast feeding helped her get back to her pre-baby body. She admits, “Believe me, I'm not a naturally thin person. I have to work for it."

"Breast-feeding took care of the first 30 pounds," she told the April issue of Shape magazine. "I was amazed at how the weight just fell off of me.

Read the entire article "Beyonce says she lost 30 pounds by breastfeeding, aims for her 'body size' in 'Crazy in Love' video."

I can't decide if I love this or hate it. I think it's great that she's spreading the word about breastfeeding--but, wow, what a message to send moms about their bodies after baby. Most moms could never imagine being back to their pre-baby shape that quickly.

What do you think? Did breastfeeding help you lose pounds after baby was born? Is there too much pressure on moms to get back to their pre-baby shape? 

#2 of 11 Old 04-04-2013, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Breastfeeding definitely helped with weight loss. It doesn't seem negative to me for a woman to embrace losing weight after baby, especially saying it is because of breastfeeding. 

I think the only pressure for moms to get back to their pre-baby shape is put on themselves. I am having a baby really soon, and I definitely want to lose the weight fast but it is not something I will pressure myself with. I will just breastfeed, eat healthy and begin running again. Yes, some moms lost it faster than others. 

I think Beyonce has a great message. 

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#3 of 11 Old 04-04-2013, 12:01 PM

LOL I think that article is more to defend herself against rumors that she was never even really pregnant than it is to promote breastfeeding. 

As for the question, breastfeeding didn't help me to lose weight at all unfortunately. My supply was so delicate that if I even lost 1lb a week, it would totally drop... so as a result, I literally had to keep gaining weight to be able to produce milk. After my body finally gave up and my milk dried up, I lost 30lbs in 2 months immediately without any effort. 

#4 of 11 Old 04-04-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaping View Post
 After my body finally gave up and my milk dried up, I lost 30lbs in 2 months immediately without any effort. 

I have actually heard this from others as well. Some people lose weight FROM breastfeeding and some people lose the weight when they are finished. 

Living the Joyful life as a mama of three beautiful children who are just right the way they are.

I blog at www.saboss.blogspot.com chicken3.gif

#5 of 11 Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 PM

I think it's great-- yes there is too much pressure on women to get back into shape- BUT we are able to make the decision of whether or not to worry about that.  It's too bad she didn't also talk about how good it is for baby and how difficult it can be.  Babies are helpless in making decisions....so I think that if this encourages moms to breastfeed, then in the end babies win.  :)

Mother to THREE fantastic boys (2002,2006, 2012)!!!! ...and lucky wife to an amazing hubby!!
#6 of 11 Old 04-04-2013, 06:31 PM

I am sure having a personal trainer and housestaff to deal with everything has nothing to do with it.
#7 of 11 Old 04-04-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

I am sure having a personal trainer and housestaff to deal with everything has nothing to do with it.

ROTFLMAO.gif

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#8 of 11 Old 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM

I think it's great. She is reaching a lot of people. And you know what? If she has a trainer and house staff then good for her! She can just go on with her bad self.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#9 of 11 Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I find it curious that when Snooki says "breast feeding" the world says "eeewwww" but when Beyonce says it there is a completely different reaction.

Love my 3 boys! joy.gif
#10 of 11 Old 04-05-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm0sweet View Post

I find it curious that when Snooki says "breast feeding" the world says "eeewwww" but when Beyonce says it there is a completely different reaction.

Anything Snooki does is "eeeeewwww" lol

I kind of wish more "classy"/"educated"/"normal" celebrities talked about it instead of the just the eccentric/bizarre/attention seekers. It isn't a fashion statement or a lifestyle choice, it's just feeding a kid.

Most people I've met who didn't breastfeed didn't because they had misconceptions about it, that it's just for health nuts/hippies/poor moms/rich moms/moms with hairy armpits/moms who like to pull out their boob in the middle of a mall and call the news when someone take issue with it, etc. No one ever sees or hears about "normal" people doing it because there is nothing to see or hear.

#11 of 11 Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 PM

I love moms who pull their boob out in the middle of the mall to feed their kid. They are awesome!
Good for Snooki. Lots of young people watching what she does.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

Tags
News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page