Mothering Forum banner

Lets help spread knowledge and lessen the Ignorance

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  krystyn33 
#1 ·
Surrounding the topic of extended breastfeeding.

I posted a video on YOUTUBE a few months ago called "breastfeeding from birth to 2 years and beyond"

I received over 400 comments and many of them quite ignorant.
I made a response video called "ignorance meets knowledge"

It is my hope that this video spread over the internet and help to educate people about extended breastfeeding.

I (like most people) was quite ignorant on this topic even while pregnant, I said "i wouldn't breastfeed my child once he can walk and talk, that would be weird" and indeed it is weird in a place where it "seems" that no one does.

I encourage all breastfeeding mothers to be proud of their toddler nurslings and help hit the ignorance right where it hurts.

please rate and comment on my video, and send it to people.

Thanks!
Tori Caswell
"willowtreephoto"

See less See more
#4 ·
i love it! i am going to be putting it on my web sites. i felt the same way about my 1st pregnancy. i always thought that breast were a man's domain. boy was i wrong!! my son is now 25 months and i little girl that is 12 weeks and we are a happy tandum nursing family that my husband supports 100%. rock on sista!!!!!! Erin Hinze

#5 ·
I got a little teary at the end of your first video too. So beautiful. And the way your son is patting you is just like the way my ds does to me. Thank you for sharing these videos. I was one of the ignorant ones too, before I became a mother. Now I am happily nursing my 19 month old, and I don't have any weaning plans, and I really don't think he does either.

#7 ·
Love it! I've actually seen your video before. My little one likes to watch breastfeeding videos, and I've stumbled upon your video while watching youtube with him. I rated it a 5 and left a comment. Off to watch the second video now.

#8 ·
I just sat and finally watched these with my almost 4 and still nursing 2 year old - they both were captivated and I have to say that the ignorance meets knowledge one is very well stated and organized. Good job mama!

Thank you for taking the time to make those and to share them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.