Mothering Forum banner

I think I belong now.

698 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SereneBabe 
#1 ·
Not a question, just an introduction I guess...

I don't know why but I never felt like I belonged in this forum...now as my little one approaches 2, I guess I feel like if I don't belong there now, I eventually will

Nursing was hell in those early, oral aversion, just got out of NICU days. No one (outside of my kindred spirits on here and IRL) understood why I didn't just give him a bottle. And now that it's easy, they still don't get it.

My son nurses to sleep, throughout the day and whenever he wants reasurance of some kind. I don't feel like I am using weaning stragegies, but I don't offer other than at nap and night. And I don't drop everything when he asks and I do offer other things when I am busy. I sometimes feel like he only asks to try and get me to drop everything and pay attention to him. If I am cooking or otherwise really busy, I will offer something else to try to meet those needs (thirst, comfort, boredom), but if he insists, I will comply.

I guess I always thought I would night wean - now I can't imagine the nights of hell that would entail - and so here we are. Who knows where we will be tomorrow or next month or next year, but for now, I think we belong here.

Thanks for being here.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.