Can I do CLW? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-03-2009, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! I was initially very interested in CLW but then enter into the picture horribly nasty divorce and even more nasty custody battle. This week we started an every 36 hour visit schedule. He gets 36 hrs and then I get 36 hr and so on. DD is 25mos BTW. When she returned to me after the overnight, I think she nursed around the clock for my 36 hrs and all night long. Can we continue this until she choses to wean? I think he was hoping this schedule would force her to wean but it's kinda done the opposite and she's now obsessed with nursing when she is with me. Is it possible to do CLW with this type of visitation schedule or is she going to wean early from this set up? Any other single, nursing moms out there that have to do visitation with dad?
#2 of 4 Old 05-11-2009, 01:13 PM

nak

thought i'd write a quick suggestion to post this in single parenting - you probably will get a lot of good advice... you may need a min # posts/days before you can though...

s and good luck to you
#3 of 4 Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 PM

It's hard to tell. There is a good chance that the cycle of interuptions in nurisng will effect her weaning time, but that doesn't mean you need to wean now! I mean, she might end up weaning months earlier (or later ) than she would have in a different situation, but you can still encourage her to nurse when she is with you so she can make that much of the decision on her own.

It sounds like she is switching back and forth fine for now. I think it's great that you are trying to help her through this. I'm sure that knowing that nursing is there when she gets back to you will help her a lot in this hard time.

#4 of 4 Old 05-13-2009, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! She's actually nursing up a storm when she comes back to me, as in non-stop. I wish I could say she's doing well with the transitions but she's actually going thru some very hard times and if she needs nursing, then I'll be here. I'm sure this visitation schedule will ultimately affect her weaning age but for now she's still nursing and there's no stopping her. I guess I consider myself very lucky to have had this special relationship for 2 years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page