forgot how to latch? we're done? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-16-2009, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 26 weeks along and ds is 33 months. Over the last 6 months he's been nursing less and less and at some point (maybe 10 weeks ago) my supply seems to have vanished. He had been latching on for a few minutes several times a day and dry nursing.
Last night he asked to nurse and I realized he hadn't asked in days, maybe even a week. When he went to latch on it was like he couldn't remember how to do it.... he tried about 3 times, it obviously didn't feel right to him and then popped off laughing and said goodnight.

Has anyone else had a similar experience where a weaned after being unable to latch-on appropriately? or maybe my breast tissue is somehow different now b/c there is no milk?

What are your thoughts?
#2 of 2 Old 05-19-2009, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Forgetting how to latch on is a normal part of weaning. It sounds like your son is progressing normally to being fully weaned. Nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page