clw and cuddling the boobs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MY dd is 3.5 and asks to nurse maybe once a day, sometimes she forgets. We've also been having "abc nummies" for 6 months+ now (she was nursing so often that I had started suggesting we limit nummies for as long as it took me to sing the abc song)- so when she does nurse, it's only for like 10 seconds. Anway, I've noticed lately that she's wanting to cuddle my boobs a lot- likes to nuzzle or sleep with her face up against my chest. It's not a big deal to me, but I was just wondering if other kids go through a stage like this as they're letting go of actually nursing?

ETA: okay- so I just read the whole other thread that's dealing with this similar issue! I guess I don't really care if people think it's okay or not, since I don't really mind (and I tell her when I do) I'm just wondering how common it is, and how long this stage tends to last.
#2 of 7 Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yes, both of mine did. My sister's children did as well.
#3 of 7 Old 05-21-2009, 06:22 AM

my ds will be 3.5 soon and he has recently gotten more cuddly and affectionate toward my breasts-- and although he still nurses like a champ a lot of the time I can see that it's tapering off slowly.

Zoe, mama to Thomas 1/06
#4 of 7 Old 06-21-2009, 11:10 AM

Yes!!!! My 3.10 year old is obsessed with my breasts. She says she loves them and wants to snuggle them because it makes her feel happy. She also tells my nipples she loves them because they have milk. I imagine it will pass eventually like everything else. I tell her when it's not okay with me to snuggle and she respects my boundaries. Sometimes I am just all snuggled out YKWIM?

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#5 of 7 Old 06-22-2009, 12:06 PM

Yes, even when dd doesn't want to "drink the milk", she frequently just wants to "touch the milk". She'll just sit next to me with her hand down my shirt!

-Alicia
tandem nursing mommy to Cadence (5/19/06) and Tessa (4/25/09)
My blog: LactationNarration.com
#6 of 7 Old 07-01-2009, 10:56 PM

My son prefers pats and snuggles with my breasts. He too will say things like " I really love your boobies. They make milk for me! It's my favorite!" And he will want to kiss them sometimes. It's very sweet...although since I am feeling like I am over nursing him lately, I shudder because I wonder how much longer he will be such an avid nurser.

Just reread your original reason for posting....Can't really answer your question since he hasn't weaned, but wanted to say that my boy is going through this now.
#7 of 7 Old 07-03-2009, 01:08 PM

even now my dd who hasn't nursed in a year, still falls asleep with her hand in my shirt.

Sandra SAHM to Kayleigh and welcoming Emily January 2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page