Is she weaning? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-03-2009, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Up until recently, nursing has been extremely important to 2yo dd, several times a day. After ds was born (2.5 weeks ago) at first there was no change, then, as suspected, asked to nurse more frequently after my milk came in. She would unlatch with a big smile and say "Yummy!!" and I was thrilled that she finally is able to have MILK again after so many months of colostrum or nothing! The first couple days I think I said no a few too many times. I did let her nurse, both by herself and with her brother a few times a day, but I said no/later a few times too. Mostly when I was already nak and the computer chair wasn't the most comfortable place to tandem. Then one night when I was painfully engorged and had a sleeping newborn with an already full belly, I snuggled up to her on the couch, ..and she refused!! Ack! I figured that was simply karma kicking me in the butt for saying no too much, and made an effort from then on to say yes every time, unless I *really* couldn't.

But now, during the day, when she asks she'll suck until let down then let go with a really annoyed look on her face, blow a raspberry and say "yuck!" But then if I tried to get up, she would cry "nursies!" but of course, refuse to latch again. I think what she's really asking for, is for me to hold and cuddle her. But why the yuck? She was saying yummy last week. At bedtime, she refuses to even latch on for a second, but I always offer since its been part of the routine since.. forever! Yet, oddly, she happily nurses in the morning for a few minutes, gulping down the milk. And its not like she's half asleep so not really noticing. We don't cosleep anymore so she wakes up, comes into our room, wakes me up asking for nursies, then sometimes she does go back to sleep, other times as soon as she's done she's literally jumping on the bed. Soo.. why does she say yuck to my milk during the day, but drink happily first thing in the morning? I'm not ready for her to wean yet

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page