So sad 3 yo is not nursing... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas,

I am so sad -our 3 yo ds who is a champion nurser usually has been refusing the breast at naps and bedtime (the only 2 times he nurses and even then he misses some and has no problem if Daddy says Mama is tired...which is very seldom) and saying the nipple hurts him (he has done this before but generally takes it a few minutes later), and that "Ashy go away, new baby come" - I am not pregnant and the only thing I can think of is that we discussed another baby once or twice in front of him within the last month of so.

This has been going on as of this past Saturday night (it is now Monday) and I have been in tears thinking that he is weaning! To be honest, we are trying to get him to finish his potty learning and go poops on the potty 9he has been peeing in the potty for some time) and I think maybe I started this "other baby" business when I said that once he is done with his diapees, that we could give them to Bella, a baby of a friend of mine. I thought this would help...now I am sad and thinking it has made him think he needs to wean?

Also, a few weeks back, Ashy said "I want a new Daddy" and then my dh started to say "How about a new car?" or "how about a new set of teeth?" and made it a joke...last week I was upset with him and he said 'I want new mommy" and I asked him "really? you want me to go away?" and he of course said no and snuggled with me...

Since then I have offered and this morning when he was half asleep I offered again...and nap time is comign up and I plan on offering again...but this has all gotten me super emotional. This bf relationship with ds has been one of the the best in my life and it took me much heartache and tears to overcome issues that prevented me from letting him nurse when he was born (high sensitivity etc) and I am very proud of being an extended nurser..

Of course the second time he said "no, Ashy gone, new baby come" I just cried and cried. I feel like he will no longer need me...which I know is ridiculous, but this is how I feel...
Anyone else in the same boat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-10-2009, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry I really have nothing to offer, but I saw that you had no replies and your post made me sad, so I just wanted to say I'm sorry. It sounds heartbreaking and I hope that things are looking better for you.

Amy, mama to Luke (7/2/07)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page