Pity party-had to abruptly abandon CLW - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-26-2009, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just need some mama hugs. My younger DD is just shy of 3.5 yrs. She loves her nursies and they were still very much a part of her every day. I am currently pregnant with my 3rd. I had a significant bleeding episode at 8 weeks and was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage (part of my placenta tore away from my uterus and resulted in a bleed). I was given some restrictions but was told that I could continue nursing. Unfortunately, I had a bigger bleed at 15 weeks. I now have 2 SCHs and the first has grown larger. I was put on complete bed rest and told that I had to stop nursing immediately because the mild uterine contractions caused by nursing can lead to continued shearing off of my placenta.

When I told DD, it broke my heart. She's been exerting such self-control and not asking to nurse 99% of the time. Occasionally, she cries for nursies in the wee hours of the morning, and she talks about when I get healthy and the baby comes, they'll share nursies together. I just tell her that's a great idea and try not to cry....maybe she will (if she remembers how). It just makes me feel so sad, like I've stolen something so precious from her

Wife to my DH Mama to my two girls  hearts.gif'03 and love.gif '06 and my sweet babyboy.gif 3-'10 I am blessed.
#2 of 7 Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 AM

I bet she'll remember. Thinking good thoughts for you!

-Angela
#3 of 7 Old 10-26-2009, 02:59 PM

sending hug to you! I just wanted to sympathize with SCH part. I only have one LO (1 yr old) but when I was preg with him, I had SCH, 3 major bleeding episodes, and slight continuous bleeding from week 10-18, not fun! I wasnt put on bed rest, but pretty much put myselt there. I am so glad that after a very worrisome preg (IVF, then SCH), I am finally able to feel the joy of ds this year!! Your little girl is so blessed and fortunate to have had such a nice long time of nursing!! And just know how wonderful it will be when new babe arrives and she can return!
#4 of 7 Old 10-26-2009, 05:45 PM

aw mama

I'd try not to worry though, she'll remember just fine. My LO weaned at 2 years old and when his little bro was born about 10 months later he has the odd nurse every now and then. It felt a bit funny at first! but he didn't seem to have any problem. He's now 3.5 and every now and then if he has a bad dream or anything he has a quick nurse.

Just keep telling your Dd what a big strong brave girl she is and what a great big sister she's being because she's keeping the baby safe. And as soon as the baby is here she can have nursies again.

Mama to 2 gorgeous little boys 5 yrs and 2.5 yrs fencing.gif expecting another babyf.gif in November 2011!!

It's a stork-girl.gif !!! hearts.gif
Living with my amazing partner love.gif and 4 cat.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 AM

I'm hoping good things for you! You are so brave and sound like an amazing Mama. Good luck and on your bedrest!

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#6 of 7 Old 11-04-2009, 01:47 AM

I'm just adding some more hugs. I don't have any experience with SCH or bedrest but I know you are brave and I hope everything turns out well.
#7 of 7 Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 AM

That sounds so hard. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and uneventful!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page