questIons about Introducing solids at 12 mons-long - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still new at posting here but read alot of posts. My dd is 9 1/2 mons now and EBFed. She has had no solids at all. I plan to introduce about 11 mons and regular foods. I'm excited to skip ove. The whole pursed baby foods ans cerealss. My family well my IL haven't been supportive but I've stuckto it. And super excited too we never used a bottle. I nurse on demand and we cosleep to so she nurses all night too.

Ok my questions are about what foods to first introduce. I want to start before 12 mons so her first food isn't her bday cake on her bday. We aren't doing a party til around her 13 th mon cuz we will be away from family so I guess I could hold off to introduce right at 12 mons. So at 12 mons I would like to give her veggies ans chicken and maybe whole grains like rice ans bread. Where do I start? I too want to start giving her organic cows milk- I like the Horizon brand that has DHA and Omega 3 as more of a snack as I plan to continue nursing her at bedtime, before and after naps, in the morning and whenever she wants to

oh and I want her to love eating veggies and fruits as much as I do. I lobe being healthy and love good foods so I want her to share that love to be healthy. My dh doesn't eat any veggies or fruits. He eats corn ans potatoes ans raw carrots but nothing else. Him and his parents will eat junk food all the time. Like pizza and pop and I don't want my daughter inheriting the bad eating habits they have. They would lie her to eat like they do but I will be tough. We currently live with them but hopefully moving within a month. Alexa will be 10 Mons old and it's one reason why I've ebfed. Many more reasons why too.

any good books or info is appreciated

Mama to 2 littles.  3/2009 and 11/2012

BF, BW, CS, and EO stillheart.gif

#2 of 3 Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
Gill Rapley's "Baby Led Weaning" is a great book for what you are planning to do. We skipped purees too, and at 11 months my DD is insane about food- all food. We get comments often about how awesome she is about feeding herself anything we put in front of her, and neatly and efficiently.
The book is hard to find, so if you do a search on here about "blw" or "baby led weaning," there's a lot of information that's in the book. (that is just the term for going straight to table food, it doesn't mean weaning off the breast).
Basically start slowly, with softer food like avocado and bananas, peaches, pears, etc. cut into slices, and work up to meats and hard raw veggies. since she's older, you can try finger foods like beans, peas and carrots, mixed veggies. my DD is a huge fan of cheerios too.
#3 of 3 Old 01-05-2010, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please respond on the poster's thread in Life with a Babe, located here. Thanks!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page