A mistake?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-15-2010, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3 yo nursed until just about a month ago, he had night nursed to sleep only for the past 8 months or so. In December he was having difficulty falling to sleep and would nurse and release, over and over, taking more than an hour to fall asleep. I saw this as a transition, because there was little to no milk left and it began to be painful. So kiddo and I discussed it and that night we stopped nursing. He asked for milk for the next week or two, but I stayed with him (and still do) until he fell asleep. He does not ask for it anymore, but when we bathe or change clothes he reaches up for my breasts, giggles, and counts them (look! one and two!)

I guess I am wondering if I did the right thing.....if I may have created an obsession or if he is just lovingly remembering....

any thoughts would be appreciated thanks

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,
#2 of 6 Old 01-15-2010, 08:39 PM

Aw I think he's remembering. Since he doesn't see them all the time, changing/bathing he sees them and remembers. I think it's sweet.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#3 of 6 Old 01-15-2010, 09:16 PM

DD weaned at 2 years 3 months after I was about 12 weeks pregnant. She had somewhat of an obsession with my breasts after that point for a while. I think its normal and they still view them as their comforting measure. Good job for nursing so long!

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#4 of 6 Old 01-16-2010, 12:46 PM

My son weaned a few months ago, he has the same sort of reaction to my breasts. He thinks they're funny. I tell him all ladies have breasts. Mmm, he says. I am trying to prepare him for the new baby, pointing out all the "baby things" he has out grown. I know he remembers. He doesn't ask to nurse, though. I'm not really sure what to expect when I am nursing his new brother.

Wife om.gif mamaluxlove.gif to five And citizen of Earthearth.gif
#5 of 6 Old 01-16-2010, 01:48 PM

My three year old is still nursing and does some of the same things.

"Mama! You have FIVE boobs!"
"I do? Can you count them?"
"One...two. Two boobs!"
"How many boobs do you have?"
"Hahhaa...I don't got boobs!"
#6 of 6 Old 01-16-2010, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

This is great....thanks everyone for the encouragement! I really should be more involved in these discussions, it is so nice to hear the perspective of like minded mothers

WOH Mom (for now)to DS (aka:Kiddo) and Little Bean (10/12/2010), Married to DH for ~7 years,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page