Introduction - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-15-2010, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good afternoon everyone. I just wanted to say that I LOVE this board and introduce myself. My name is Mary and I have a 7 year old daughter that still nurses at bedtime and in the morning and when she isnt feeling well. I get alot of slack from my family about it and although she doesnt nurse all the time, they are making me feel like I am doing something wrong everytime I nurse. I would love to know that I am not the only one with a child my daughters age still nursing and if you ever feel guilty because of what friends or family say. I feel its a bonding time for my daughter and I and neither one of us are initiating weaning as I want to leave it up to her. If she gets closer to 8, I might think about pushing her to wean but right now I just want whats best for her and give her what she needs/wants. Thank you everyone!

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-16-2010, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? I was hoping to find someone else that has an older nursling and can help me out with the comments I am receiving from my family. Thank you everyone and have a nice day.

Mary
#3 of 6 Old 02-23-2010, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Is there anyone else in here that share my views or still has an older nursling? Anyone at all?

Mary
#4 of 6 Old 02-23-2010, 10:12 PM

I do not have an older nursling, my little guy is only 4 months, but i just wanted to say that what you have done is an amazing accomplishment! You should feel very proud. Nursing should continue as long as you are both happy! Way to go mama!

Postpartum Doula mama to Tristan born 10/09
#5 of 6 Old 02-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Hi! DD is 5 and still nursing. I understand about family and their comments. I stopped talking about it and I think they think we're done, so that has helped with the criticism.

Take care!
#6 of 6 Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 AM

hi!!! i have a 7 year old who will nurse everyone once in a blue moon - he has 2 younger siblings, 1 who nurses constantly and another on occasion and sometimes he wants a sip too! we don't talk about it at all with anyone outside the home....he nursed everyday till he turned 6 and then weaned on his own - you are doing what is best for you and your daughter!!! that is wonderful - people need to learn to mind their own business - we stopped talking about it when my son was around 4.5 because i got tired of everyone else's BS.....

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page