having trouble adjusting to stomach shrinking/smaller appetite - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
now that my son is nursing less, my appetite is WAY down. i've been used to eating a certain amount for about 4.5 yrs now (pregnancy/nursing/pregnancy/nursing) and i'm having a really hard time listening to my body about when i'm full and even when i'm actually hungry. it seems like a strange thing to complain about, but i really hate that i can't "pack it away" like i used to, and when i try to, i get horrible stomach aches. i can't remember how much i ate prior to becoming a mom! i still have a compulsion to eat a lot even though my son only nurses a few times a day. anyways, anyone else feel this way?

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-28-2010, 04:06 AM

My ds is 34 months and still nursing many times a day, but I can honestly say that I fear the situation you have described. I have been pg/bf for the past 5+ years and have really enjoyed the extra calories. I'm afraid I'll balloon when ds finally weans.

Diane, SAHM to DD (June 05) and DS (April 07).
::::
#3 of 4 Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, since becoming a mom i've gotten really into cooking, and definitely enjoy eating (a lot) of my creations! pre-pregnancy i think i survived on less than 1000 calories a day. i've always been a light eater, and it never bothered me in the past, but it does now!

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

#4 of 4 Old 03-01-2010, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It happened to me when DD weaned and I gained 10 lbs or so! I think exercise would have prevented this, but I was working and so busy that I didn't. I'm going to try this time!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page