Less milk equals biting? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-06-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my twins. They are about 27 months old and still nursing 2-4 times per day. The problem is in the last few weeks I have been getting bite marks, with the skin breaking, on my nipples. I haven't noticed either one actually bite down so that I can stop them at that instant, but they do seem to be latching on "forcefully" and then doing a lot of pulling back trying to get more milk. I tell them frequently "no teeth", but I'm at a loss. Part of me was hoping that if there was less milk then they would ask to nurse less frequently and so wean themselves. But now it hurts so much I'm wondering if I should try to re-build some supply so they don't have to work so hard to get the milk. Do you even think that would work?? I'm not against letting them continue to nurse, but I'm also not against leading them in the direction of less and less nursing sessions...I'm still feeding up to 8 times a day someone! Any ideas, or anyone been through the same thing?
#2 of 2 Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It doesn't sound like they are interested in weaning huh lol. If you want to keep them nursing (pulling while nursing is a sign that the supply low) you could try oatmeal. Are you consuming enough calories and h2o? How long has this been going on? Sometimes right before my period my supply drops it is usually a day or 2 before and then comes back up as soon as the flow starts. Is there a chance you could be pregnant?

Way to go nursing them so long that is a wonderful gift of love to them.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page