We may make it after all! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I had my son almost 4 years ago I was so set on child led weaning. But the years went by. I had another baby and tandem nursed and to be honest I started to get a little jealous at moms who reported their kids self weaned at 1 1/2 or 2.
Duncan didn't seem to have any plans for self weaning.
My husband who has been very supportive of BF was starting to ask if I'd ever wean.
Lately though Duncan seemed to forget about his wake up ninnies (I did have him down to only nursing before going to sleep and after waking up). His little sister is 19 months old now and I couldn't stand nursing two anymore completely without setting some limits. Limiting it to just before and after bed time and in emergencies was okay with him.
Then today he told me all excited and without me prompting him that he thought he might not need ninnies anymore to go to sleep.
I am sure he might still want them and I am okay with it if he does.
But it just makes me so happy that we may be able to do the child-led weaning after all. He'll be 4 next month.
And funny enough I am happy that his little sister at 19 months doesn't seem anywhere near self-weaning either.
What a long journey it's been. I remember seeing a breastfed toddler at my first LLL meeting and thinking 'how odd' and here I am 4 years later, still active in the LLL and breastfeeding a toddler and a preschooler!
#2 of 4 Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 PM

#3 of 4 Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 AM

Congrats! I'm so happy that your nursing relationship has worked out so well for both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBinSATX View Post
Then today he told me all excited and without me prompting him that he thought he might not need ninnies anymore to go to sleep.
Isn't that just the best, most amazing feeling?

Keep us posted!

#4 of 4 Old 04-13-2010, 02:44 AM

Way to go mama, what a cute story!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page