DD is officially weaned - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bitter-sweet feeling. My DD is not nursing anymore after 5 years and 8 months. I'm so proud of her and myself too. We engage to our story of re-lactation at 2 months old and battle with low supply for a while. She share he nunnies with her bother for 2 1/2 years. She still my baby even though she is the most independent and social  creature. We had our weaning celebration yesterday.flowersforyou.gifluxlove.gifnamaste.gif

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love
#2 of 7 Old 02-10-2011, 05:10 PM

joy.gif beautiful job mama!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#3 of 7 Old 02-10-2011, 05:49 PM

love.gif congrats!

#4 of 7 Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 PM

Congrats!  What did you do to celebrate?

#5 of 7 Old 03-08-2011, 09:45 AM

Congratulations--about the transition and for having all that time of nursing! I'd love to know what you have done to celebrate, too. My ds and I may be there soon, too.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#6 of 7 Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM

I would love to know what you did to celebrate as well.  I'm looking into getting my daughter a piece of jewelry or something tangible to represent our special time together but I would love other thoughts too.

Kristinjoy.gif, ebfing, cding, non-circing, bedsharing, crazy busy mama to three amazing littles!  
#7 of 7 Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

I "talk" with TiredX2  a few days ago, about DD end up  nursing a few times after our celebretion. Now we have to move again the days and set up another kind of celebration. Before we just went to have dinner out and we took picture. My idea was set a day in the calendar to especial day as a family. Now I like the idea of some jewerly. Right now , I don't sure if she is going to ask again for nursing or if she's just done. She knows that is just up to her, so I'm just waiting. Also, I have DS that is 2 1/2 that is a completly different patch about nursing. He had some days when he sis barely nursing and others nurse  like is not tomorrow. I remember this stage with DD and then now she's such independent girl.

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page