Older child Tandem nursing question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-18-2011, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I just gave birth on July 14th to my daughter and have a 3 year old 3 month son.  I am nursing both of them and my milk came in a few days after the birth.  My 3 year old has been having some minor stomach issues (vomited once and has felt like vomiting more and pooping a lot for him) that I do not think are virus related.  Do you think it might have something to do with his belly readjusting to my milk coming in for the baby?  Is this normal?  He is nursing a decent amount....as in 5-15 minutes 3-6 times/day.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 PM

I don't know anything about it other than my DD did the same a week or two after my milk came in, she was spitting up after her first thing in the morning nursing session. and with more mama milk in her system she has more frequent, softer poops. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#3 of 4 Old 08-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Same thing happened to my 3 yo DS after his brother was born. It stopped after a couple weeks.

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).
#4 of 4 Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 AM

I have read colostrum is a natural laxative meant to clear out the meconium (among other duties of course). I wonder if it's the colostrum causing the issue? Although your son was probably getting colostrum before the baby was born so maybe not. Just thinking out loud lol smile.gif

Lisa ~ WAH, bf-ing, cs-ing, hb-ing, vegan mama to Anna (09/07) and expecting #2 in March 2012!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page