Pregnant and not feeling like I can stick with CLW - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-14-2011, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone,
I'm just looking for other mamas who've been there and have a story to share that might help me. I'm 9 weeks pg with #2 and dd, who will be 4 in September is still in love with nursing. She nurses to sleep every night, once or twice in the night, and when she wakes every morning (sometimes once in the afternoon as well). She can't go to sleep without milk. If I go away for a night, she cries herself to sleep in her daddy's arms. I loved nursing her up until a few weeks ago. Since then, I've had very sore nipples - I have dreams in the night about my nipples bleeding or falling off because they hurt so much - and I also feel very annoyed while she nurses to sleep and I find myself talking to her in a short tone of voice and rushing her to fall asleep which makes me feel terrible.

I'm thinking of weaning or at least night weaning and keeping the morning "milk." this is not how I wanted things to go greensad.gif i feel guilty that the baby is already pushing me away from her like this and i was convinced that tandem nursing would be a wonderful thing for them Now I'm really doubtful that I could handle tandem nursing or even making it that far.

Anyway, if anyone has experienced this and could let me know how you made weaning or partial weaning (or sticking through it) work for you and even how it affected your kids' relationship, I would love to hear it!

Lisa

Lisa ~ WAH, bf-ing, cs-ing, hb-ing, vegan mama to Anna (09/07) and expecting #2 in March 2012!
#2 of 3 Old 08-17-2011, 05:16 AM

Hi :)  I got pregnant with number 7 while number 6 was still heavily nursing at 13 months.  She did lead the weaning because of the change in milk and my nipples hurt to nurse (so she got a bit of a nudge from me)  After I birthed I started BF her again and she didn't miss a beat :)  Good luck to you!

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#3 of 3 Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM

I had this same issue.  If you are committed, stick with it for now.  Grit your teeth and bear it.  Once your milk dries up she will nurse much less and might even wean.  I nursed mine just enough so that he wouldn't forget how.  Once the new milk came he was back at it like a champ.  

If you want to wean, 4 years is a great run!  There is nothing to feel guilty about.  The feelings of annoyance are normal.  The soreness gets better too.  

Wife to Doug, mom to Hank and Logan !!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page