Nursing Three - triandem nursing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-25-2011, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm PG with my 3rd, due January. I've also got a 3 and 5.5 year old both still nursing. I can't even wrap my brain around how this might possibly work! I was truly hoping nature would help me in this situation but I'm coming to the realization that I just need to prepare There are under 3 mos to go! Anyone been through this...have any tips...ideas anything?

My 5 year old is finally down on nursing...normally just morning and bedtime (unless she wakes in the night...Then the bed is an another issue...I'm too lazy most of the time to do anything else!), if she is extra tired and naps she will nurse more. The 3 year old nurses morning, bedtime, if she wakes during the night and usually at least one other time...more if she naps which is hit or miss.

Colleen, momma to Martha 5/23/06 :Ruth 11/1/08
#2 of 3 Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 PM

i don't have any answers, but am in almost the same spot. i'm 17wks along with #4 and am tandem nursing my 15mo and 2.5yo. older ds will ask for  "mookie sips" first thing in the morning and then right before bed. once in a while he'll ask durign the day too. he nurses for a min or tewo and then is done, but i think that has more to do with my supply having tanked than with him not being interested. i go back and forth between wanting him to wean and wanting to stick it out if that's what he wants/needs. his older sister weaned at 2yrs on the nose, so i'm in unfamiliar territory now.

i am hoping that younger ds will continue and then tandem with the new babe. it made things so much easier having asn older nursling to help with the oversupply and over active letdown!

#3 of 3 Old 02-13-2012, 04:30 PM

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page