Frustrated! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies. ill start off with both my children were/are formula fed only. and my son was on solids around 4 months. He was so excited and interested to eat it was so easy to get him going. My daughter is almost 6 months old and she has ZERO interest in food at all. which is fine if shes not ready, but my question is how long can this go on for? I mean i refuse to force feed my child just because a book or a dr says its 'time' but i just am not used to a child who isnt into it.. you know?

anyway any thoughts, ideas on how to get my lil diva slightly interested would be wonderful. so far we have tried mum mum's, rice cereal, banana's, sweet potatoes... all home made and even store bought. 

cheers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-16-2012, 10:29 PM

My DS has always loved food, so no advice from experience.  From what I've read of others' experiences, though, 7-9 months is often a turning point, but some kids do make it almost 2 years without eating much food.

Are you baby-led weaning?  I'd try avocado or broccoli next.  

This forum is more about child-led weaning, which is U.S. English for stopping nursing entirely.  You might get more answers in the baby or toddler forums.  

Also check out babyledweaning.com/forum

#3 of 4 Old 03-19-2012, 09:26 AM

My son is 13 mo and breastfed. I have offered solids since 6 months but he just now started really eating, SOME days. Other days he eats one or two bites all day. I'm not worried since he nurses plenty and is developing well. I'm sure the same can be said for formula if your daughter is doing well with it. Just keep offering a variety of things - one day my son won't touch blueberries, and the next he eats an entire handful and signs "more, more"!! Good luck :)

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

#4 of 4 Old 03-21-2012, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

we are baby led weaning, but our version lol

im not a fan of giving a infant a hunk of something like cooked broccoli. working in a hospital you wouldnt believe how many parents make this mistake and their infants aspirate yikes!

shes been trying the past 2 days to keep things in her mouth. she really liked the mashed peaches. so i guess its a small step in the right direction :)

Tags
Child Led Weaning

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page