trouble conceiving while full-term nursing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-01-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

My DS is now 3.5 years old and still nurses to sleep (just a few mintues) and in the early morning (more than a few minutes). Once in a while he will nurse during the day for a few minutes, but very very rarely. I have no intention of pushing him to wean, although I am starting to get ready for it.

My question has to do with conceiving/other pregnancies. We have been TTC #2 for over a year now - in that time I had 2 pregnancies and both miscarried (one was a blighted ovum, the other was a missed miscarriage) ... in neither case did my body recognize that the pregnancies were not viable and I needed medical intervention both times. It has now been about 6 cycles since the 2nd miscarriage and I am starting to feel frustrated. DS was conceived easily (in fact, we were trying to avoid). At this point I am pretty much leaving it up to the universe, but I'd like to know if any of you with full-term nurslings had or have had trouble conceiving or miscarriages. I know of so many women who get pregnant while nursing and have healthy children and go on to tandem, but I guess I'm wondering if nursing could be a factor. Everything else seems to be fine (thyroid, I ovulate fine as judged by increased temps, etc). DH has not been checked out but we're not at that point yet.

Would love to hear your experiences!

Thanks in advance.

Laura

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I had troubles conceiving dd; with ds, we weren't even trying. Then, with ds breastfeeding, my cycles were very erratic. I conceived dd on a 60 day cycle, and ds was 4, almost weaned, nursing once or twice a day. Breastfeeding messed up my cycles (still does). I had no miscarriages though.

GL to you.

caffix.gif

#3 of 3 Old 08-06-2012, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing your experience, transylvania_mom. I'm happy that at least my cycles are regular at this point, so we'll see what happens in the future. Al the best!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page