Rules for a 3 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-24-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to get a sense of what kind of rules others have for their older kids? We've done no biting, one at a time when NIP, and overall gentleness (not always enforced). But as my boy is getting more into roughhousing he will try to grab at me the minute I change from work clothes into comfy clothes. If I walk away he starts chasing and laughing.

Sometimes it's funny and cute and sometimes it's tiring.

Just curious to see what others do. Perhaps lightening up is in order :).

#2 of 2 Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Somewhat same rules here in my house.  When DS (also 3) asks, I have learned to just nurse and he is done quite quickly.  When I try to distract him it seems the nursing session is longer than say morning, nap or evening sessions.

I found reading "Mothering your nursing toddler' by the LLL really helped, or shall I say somewhat validated my feelings.  For 3 year olds, there is only 1 small chapter but very informative.  They say that once a toddler gets nursing in their mind they will not forget.... which I have found true in my boy.  Same applied when he was a baby of course, just different circumstances.  The more I restrain, the longer it gets.  I am talking about when we are home, not out and about. 

I found lightening up in regards to nursing helped me.  There are times where I just do not want to but usually do in the end. 

'09   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page