Changes in size of BLW stool and a bloodshot eye - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My child has been eating solids for almost a year now and his stool size has gradually increased to being almost the size if not the size of an adult size stool in width. I thought it odd that they'd be so large but my 21 month old never complains of any difficulty or discomfort in passing a stool, so I think all is well. Yesterday he had a temperature accompanied by lethargy and 30 minute naps and one hour nap throughout the day. By evening, the fever was around 99.5 with no other symptoms. Today, all has been well, no fever and behavior has been normal. The only difference over the last three days has been his appetite, which has decreased. I still nurse on demand and have been encouraging fluids to avoid dehydration yesterday. 

Yesterday and today I noticed a smaller stool size in diameter, but about the same in length/amount. Its consistency is the same and wets are also plentiful. He has not eaten his usual amount of veggies over the past two days, but has taken in fruits and like I said, plenty of water and breastmilk. 

Should I be concerned about the stool size change? 

Secondly, 

he has a minor amount of blood shot in the outer corner of one eye, it's something I've noticed occasionally on the inside of the eye near the tear duct, but I don't understand why it keeps returning. It's always minimal, never the whole eye. I don't think the two are related and I also don't think it's pink eye, as there is no eye mucus. 

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have eye experience but wanted to chime in about the poop. My 19 month old goes through phases where it gets thicker and thinner all the time. I notice thicker when there is plenty of roughage and thinner when she's in her meet/dairy moods. She even has consistency changes from the beginning to the end of a poop! Most poop is in the potty so I get a very detailed picture of the results lol. Since you're describing the thickness of the poop, I'll assume it's also in the potty. Diapers really distort the picture - any time we miss a poop it looks like a large golf ball lol. My DD even has hard pellets at the beginning sometimes and soft stool at the end. She drinks a ton of water and nurses a lot so I really don't think it's dehydration. I go with the thought that if it's not bothering her, it's probably all right. I'm sorry to get into the details but... Well this is the thread for it lol. It sounds like your LO is just fine. Hth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page