hair loss after nursing stops with older child? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is 5 and quit nursing a few months ago. After being at least a few sips every night, it was a few weeks of nursing a couple times a week, then only once every so often for a couple months, until he was finally done. It didn't seem sudden. However, since around the same time he quit the daily nursing, my hair has been falling out and continues to do so. It has always been realllly thick but now there is much less overall and it's noticeably thinning along my part line! Is it possible it is related to the quitting nursing/hormone fluctuation? Anyone else that's had this? I had my iron and thyroid checked at my annual exam in Sept and was told all was fine. I'm not having any other major symptoms that point to other issues.

Wife and mama to one awesome boy. love.gif
#2 of 3 Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

I think I posted to your other thread. Check that and see if anything I asked you has occurred as it may be the cause. 

#3 of 3 Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes, thank you! I replied there but I think the comment is still waiting in moderation. No, I haven't changed anything at all about my diet (we're vegan) and my weight is stable. The only thing that's changed, other than the nursing ceasing, is that I did quit my full time job a couple months before the hair loss began.

Wife and mama to one awesome boy. love.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page