Menu for 12-month old while on 1 week vacation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're going to Cuba when my baby will be just a little over 12 months old. Can anyone suggest a menu for a week or what to avoid? 

I'm also a bit worried about using their water for him, so I was thinking of bringing bottled water in my suitcase or Baboo or premade forumula to drink?

I breastfeed but he doesn't take nearly enough to keep himself hydrated so I can't rely on that alone. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

#2 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 10:53 AM

Are you staying at a resort? Get in touch and ask. My experience (pre kids) was very good.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#3 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

They said they can make us almost anything we request if it's not available at the buffet but I'm just not sure what to look for... There will be a lot of different foods that we don't eat normally.

He doesn't have a really varied diet right now because he doesn't like to feed himself and I just rotate between about 10 things I puree because I'm not very creative... It's mostly plain fruits and vegetables and meat.

At 12 months can babies eat everything or is there still anything we should be avoiding?

#4 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM

From what I understand, after 12 months most things are fine. I remember being cautioned about honey and egg whites before the first birthday. If you have a family history of food allergies then you may wish to be more careful.
We went to Cuba before we had DD but I remember the menu being fairly mainstream with some local specialties thrown in. As far as the water, I would just use sealed bottled water the resort provides. We never had any issues with that at all. You could always mash some food up if kiddo is a purée fan but it might be fun for him to experiment in a new environment. I think baby will do fine especially if you let him nurse more if he wants. Enjoy your trip. It's cold out today and DD and I are sick; just reading about Cuba warmed my bones smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page