Not yet One and Driving Me Crazy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-09-2005, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm coming here because I want to CLW. I really, really want this!

And my 11 month old dd has been doing all the things that I hear people mention their 18-24 month old kids do! And she's been doing this for SIX months already! She NEEDS to pinch me. If I try to distract her from pinching, then she just slaps, or sucks harder. And I say harder because she's already a hard sucker. She's also a biter (she clamps down as she falls asleep). I used to put her down gently when she would do these things, as recommended, so now she will only nurse when she's going to sleep. Not what I wanted to accomplish! She's also quite acrobatic and likes to go from a laying down position to a sitting position to a standing position and back down. All of this is done with her eyes closed!

I work full-time and come home for lunch/nap time. She eats then (sometimes), then when I get home from work (another nap), then at bedtime as well as 2-5 times a night. She's an avid eater and nurser yet she's itty bitty (18lbs) so I hate to refuse her, and don't want to, but find myself getting resentful as I am in a lot of pain often and at night it wakes me completely. We do not have supply issues as I used to pump 10 oz in 10 minutes and had to stop pumping because I had overactive letdown (which resolved after I stopped pumping).

She does appear to have a sloppy/lazylatch and we do have to relatch often. I'm also quite large (a J).

I guess I would love some recommendations and/or support. I really want a loving, caring, gentle, respectful nursing relationship with my daughter and would love to find some solutions.

PS. I have tried a nursing necklace and putting clothes on but she seems to need to have skin-to-skin contact with me while falling asleep. I tell her to be gentle and to be nice to momma but it wakes her up. I can't unlatch her when she starts doing this as she starts right into pinching (her favourite thing to do). I try holding her hands and she gets frustrated (and slaps).

Any other suggestions?

TIA
#2 of 5 Old 01-10-2005, 11:54 AM

Just offering a to bump this back up!
#3 of 5 Old 01-10-2005, 12:54 PM

I don't know what to do about the pinching, but at 11 months, my DS only nursed when sleepy and did the whole acrobat thing (he still does this, but not so much when he's sleepy). At 16 months, he's asking to nurse more and more in the daytime (he can say "nurse" now and lift my shirt up...pretty clear message..lol). I atributed the standing up when nursing to sleep to learning to walk and run, etc.

Hope you get some more advice.
#4 of 5 Old 01-10-2005, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

nak

thanks for the support. I was so frustrated. she's currently asleep on my lap and nursing away. no pinching at the moment but she also didb't nap today. she's walking already and growing up so fast. i just want to do my best for her.
#5 of 5 Old 01-10-2005, 08:58 PM

My dd pinches the back of my arm or breast and it hurts. I have resorted to holding one hand and positioning the other hand so she can't pinch me. So far it is working. I also unlatch her when she is doing the up, down, turn around thing and occupy her for a few minutes. Last night at bedtime she started with acrobatics and I unlatched her and we played for 10 minutes. She then nursed for 10 minutes and fell asleep.

My dd is too walking but at times it looks like running. They look too little to walk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page