I am Going Crazy! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-14-2005, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
DD is 26 months, and has always been a very avid nurser, I believe in CLW, and can easily see her nursing for several more years. But, right now she is driving me nuts. We;ve gone through many phases where she will pretty much nurse 24/7 for a couple weeks then we go back to every 1.5-3 hours (3 hours only if we are out and about). Well this phase has lasted almost 3 months, and it's not getting any better but worse! We have nursed 6 times in the last 2 hours, and these are not quick sessions, she literally unlatchs, runs off to play, then is back in 5 minutes for another session. Nothing new is going on, we haven't had a major change, no signs of teeth, nothing that I can think of that is upsetting her. I do this 24/7, and it's getting to the point where when she asks for "nee nee", I almost want to say that they went bye bye or something. I've tried distraction, going out, keeping busy, the only thing that helps some is when her friends are over, but I can't have them over 24/7! And after they leave, it's right back to where we started. I just need some support, and many some others who have gone through the same thing. You would think that I wouldn't need support, I am a LLL leader, but I am just getting so tired of this, and I have no one IRL to talk to, everyone comes to me for advice, and honestly I've never seen a child go through a pattern like this for this long of a time. Everytime I try to talk to DH about it, he tells me I should call a leader some help he is. Any other mamas out there?

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2005, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd is almost nineteen months and she nurses like a newborn...if anyone has any advice, PLEASE share it! I have three other homeschooled children and nursing her all day has become really uncomfortable. Naturally I have guilt from it, but I've been pregnant and nursing for nine years! I'm done...I just wish she was!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:58 AM

No advice mamas (sorry!), just mega . Just support.
My 29 month old still nurses a lot & I know how frustrating it is! I feel like I get "touched out" fairly easily & my kid's sensitive/very spirited - so the two combined can equal fireworks for us.

I sometimes got to the point where I was saying "I HATE THIS!!! We need to stop!" 'cos I was at a breaking point...then DS started saying "I hate this" at anything (even when he was happy) so I managed to stop saying that... sometimes I tell him that there's no more milkies in there, or that HE said "all done nah nah...all done udda side" so that HE was "all done" and *sometimes* he'll understand & he'll stop... Sometimes I just have to let him cry & be mad at me for denying him nursing, but if my skin's crawling or if I'm super cranky, it's better for us all around. I'd rather have him associate nursing with a pleasant mommy than with one who isn't. At least he won't pick up my "potty mouth" vocabulary that way.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 AM

If it's been going on a loooooooooooong time, and it really is constantly with a two plus year old, I wonder if there is an undiagnosed food sensitivity involved. That would cause pain such as tummy upset, and when they hurt they nurse more for physical comfort and the pain-relieving endorphins in mom's milk....

but I do not want to imply that frequent nursing is not normal.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50

User Tag List