Is Nightweaning an aspect of Child Led Weaning? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2005, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Personally, I don't care what label I wear - but I certainly identify more with CLW than I do with other philosophies, but the tone of you-can't-claim-CLW-status if you did this or that really turns me off to this board.
:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2005, 06:31 PM
MMP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mother_sunshine
I've said this before, but putting too stringent of a definition on child-led weaning is defeating the whole ideal (and perhaps not understanding) the base idea that children will ultimately fully wean in their own time, gentle limits and all. Those who try to be perfect, from start to finish, are setting themselves up for failure, imo. And expecting other mothers to do the same would be excluding a lot of mothers who can give and receive a great deal of much-needed support here.

I have also come for support and am afraid to post b/c my opinions may not be identical to others. I believe in CLW, my definition of it I guess, and want a place of encouragment and celebration for how long and how well we have nursed our older children. Few other places is there such a group of women...I am getting myself in trouble I think support should be first, not judgement.

User Tag List