Having a hard time with weaning young toddler threads - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
First ... 2  3  4
Child-Led Weaning > Having a hard time with weaning young toddler threads
Subhuti's Avatar Subhuti 06:35 PM 12-10-2005
Hi All-
as to your question
Yes, I am pregnant, and I have a history of prelabor contractions starting in the 20th week. I would have definately breastfed through pregnancy, but it is too risky. As it was, I had to spend nearly 3 months in bed because of cervical issues. So, it's Mama-led weaning for us. Boo-hoo.
But we're doing it gradually and with the help of my DH.
Liz

Girl Named Sandoz's Avatar Girl Named Sandoz 07:24 PM 12-10-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHSer
Yes, but since this is the CLW forum and not a debate forum, would it be more appropriate for me to share that in private or another forum?

I'm not trying to be evasive, but to resepct the board.
Sure, you can PM me if you wish. Thanks!
mom2threenurslings's Avatar mom2threenurslings 12:10 PM 12-11-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama
Hi All-
as to your question
Yes, I am pregnant, and I have a history of prelabor contractions starting in the 20th week. I would have definately breastfed through pregnancy, but it is too risky. As it was, I had to spend nearly 3 months in bed because of cervical issues. So, it's Mama-led weaning for us. Boo-hoo.
But we're doing it gradually and with the help of my DH.
Liz
to you! Wishing you and your baby a gentle weaning and wishing you a healthy, happy pregnancy! It sounds like you're doing what needs to be done in a very gentle way.
Subhuti's Avatar Subhuti 11:43 PM 12-11-2005
Thank you Amanda! You and your children are very lucky you've gotten so far in nursing!! Every nurse now is so nostalgic for me. I know Lulu doesn't know that this is her last season of nursing. My dh keeps telling me to concentrate on what we have been able to have (15 months of nursing) and do continue to have ( a wonderful close attached relationship ).

Liz
mom2threenurslings's Avatar mom2threenurslings 04:21 PM 12-13-2005
Liz - You have such a wise and wonderful dh! You dd has gotten so much out of your nursing relationship and it has set a wonderful foundation for her physical and emotional health and your beautiful attached relationship with her.
SereneBabe's Avatar SereneBabe 05:38 PM 12-13-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHSer
Yes, but since this is the CLW forum and not a debate forum, would it be more appropriate for me to share that in private or another forum?

I'm not trying to be evasive, but to resepct the board.
Ah ha! I see... I've been trying to get the very same answer to the very same question and haven't been getting it. I guess it didn't occur to me that it might be inappropriate for the forum?

HappyHSer wrote: "I think the concept of CLW is one that believes all children will ask to nurse when they need it and end breastfeeding at the precisely right time for that child." And that resonates with me, so I guess, using that definition of it, I'm definitely a CLW person. BUT, isn't it a useful and interesting discussion for many people to talk about the meanings of it and why or why not we find certain definitions valid in our own lives? Or, should I go to another forum to have that discussion?

I guess what I'm saying is I hope this discussion doesn't have to take place only in private? It's *exactly* what I've been struggling with in this forum, trying to figure out just what makes CLW different than other breastfeeding styles.

Here's to hoping you'll respond in public. ;-)

--Heather
First ... 2  3  4

Up