How your older children ask to nurse? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 57 Old 12-01-2005, 03:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3 yr old is very vocal about his needs, too. He usually says "I want mama milkies!" Rarely says please and also likes to suggest the location: "I want mama milkies on couch." As soon as I pick him up from daycare, as he's getting his coat on "I want mama milkies in car!"

He often slips his hand down my shirt & in my bra to hold the milkies. If I want him to wait till later, he says, "No, I want to drink the milkies, not just hold it."

This weekend I went into a cell phone store to buy a new batteries & my 15 mo old needed to nurse, so I discretly nursed him while I was waiting for our turn. 3 yr old said, "I want milkies too!" I told him no, he had to wait until we got home." He said, "But Seanie's having milkies! I want to share!" I am having a hard time explaining to him that he can have milkies in private because he's a big boy and can wait.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 57 Old 12-04-2005, 09:36 AM

Emily (41 months) asks to nurse, to have nuh-nuh, or sometimes will suggest that "nuh-nuh will make me feel better." She will also tell me if one is empty, "Mom, you have to put more milks in there for us to drink!"

Occasionally when she sees her baby brother nursing, she'll ask, "What can *I* drink?" and I'll ask her to tell me what she'd like to drink . . . nuh-nuh, of course!

Liam (19 months) asks for "nuh-nuh" but if he's trying to be silly, he twists his mouth up and with a smirky grin asks "na-na-na-no-no-no-nuh-nuh-nuh" over and over and over

Amy & DH, homeschooling Mama to
DD 9 love.gif DS 7 yrs   
#33 of 57 Old 12-04-2005, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinEmily
My 33 month old son, when he is trying to be polite says "Please, May can I have some milk?"
Why do I picture Oliver Twist with this, "Please, ma'am, can I have some more?"

Hmmm, my kids have always been big "Can I nurse?" ones, but at this point DS just has pretty set times that he nurses so there is not too much asking. Just "Nurse" and dig in.

#34 of 57 Old 12-04-2005, 09:06 PM

dd is 2.5 and she usually just says "let's have nursies".

She chose last week when we were traveling for thanksgiving to start using the phrase "I need..." for everything. "I NEED you to play puzzle with me...I NEED a snack please... I NEED Grandma". I'm pretty sure the whole plane heard her when she announced "I'm so so sleepy and i NEED to have nursies now!"
#35 of 57 Old 12-05-2005, 02:24 AM

Dd says I want milk or Milk Please.Sometimes she calls it delicious mommy candy.
#36 of 57 Old 12-05-2005, 02:25 AM

Dd says I want milk or Milk Please.Sometimes she calls it delicious mommy candy.Michelemiller congrats. Hope it's an easy delivery!
#37 of 57 Old 12-05-2005, 05:03 PM

Croodle NOW!

(Croodle is archaic English to describe a little animal snuggling up to it's mother)

Mommy croodle!

I can't wait!

She usually remembers to whisper to me in public, which I started to request last year.

Followed by pulling on my shirt.

She's 4
#38 of 57 Old 12-05-2005, 05:33 PM

my kids have called them "mamas" and then refer to me as mommy. It helps in public when they say they want mamas, it just sounds like they want me.
#39 of 57 Old 12-05-2005, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 2.5 yr. old DD says "I want a nanny" or "I need one" .
#40 of 57 Old 12-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Banned

DD is 3 and only nurses at night for the most part but when she is ready she is very demanding and just says "I want nurnee, go to bed." If I fall asleep while she is nursing and she wants the other side I wake up to her shoving at me so I will roll over and her little demanding "roll over" I think it is very cute!! The only thing I have a hard time coping with is the tweaking, it is very important to her and annoying to me.
#41 of 57 Old 12-05-2005, 06:24 PM

I don't really consider my son older yet, but he does ask using words. He is nearing 2.5 and sometimes he says "can I have a noose?", but he learned the word boobies from a nursing friend of his...so sometimes he says "can I have a sip of the boobies?"!!! He actually followed me around the house while my in-laws were visiting shouting "I wanna have a sip of the boobies..right now...yea sure..ok?" The in laws either pretended they didn't know what he was asking for, or really didn't know what he was asking for.
:
#42 of 57 Old 12-05-2005, 11:44 PM

Nummo is our word for it. DD is now 2, and came up with the word nummo when she was just learning to talk... maybe around 16 or 18 months? (Who can remember when these things happened?)

Anyway, I'm glad she calls it something slightly obscure, because she is not shy about demanding it at any and every time and place, particularly if she's feeling overwhelmed by a stranger talking to her! Also, it's really cute. She frequently pats my breasts, and says "Is this your nummo?", and she does nummo with her dolls and animals. For a while I had to do nummo with her animals all the time. I'm glad that stage is over, because honestly, while I love nursing her, I'm not that into stopping folding laundry every five minutes to do nummo with a toy bear!

One time while we were in the bath together (a frequent nummo place) she stopped nursing for a moment and said "Mama look at your big nummos!" That was the first time anyone has said that about them!
#43 of 57 Old 12-06-2005, 12:35 AM

My 16 month old doesn't have much in the way of verbal codes, just "mamama" while lunging at my chest. Or she uses our sign for sleepy sleep, even during the day.

But I have to tell you ladies, some of the previous entries had me in tears and almost wetting my pants. Too funny!
#44 of 57 Old 12-06-2005, 12:36 AM

Rebecca is 2 1/2 and says "Pwease I have nonnies?" then she proceeds to pick which one she wants first (usually my right one). Sometimes she needs to get a good look at them both first before she can choose. If she falls down or is having a meltdown, she will say "I need nonnies to feel better." If I'm on the phone or otherwise occupied, she will pull a dining room chair over to me and hit the back of my knees with it and yell "sit down! sit down!" That I find annoying!
#45 of 57 Old 12-06-2005, 12:54 AM

My 26 month old asks for "milk" and does it in a sing song voice and a smile and then a please once in a awhile or he will add a mommy's milk to make sure I know he doesn't mean cow's milk, rice milk or soy milk He also will tell me which side, right milk, left milk! Then tell me where he wants it. Milk on the sofa. Milk in the room. Lay down, mommy. Milk in the car..... Before he could talk, he would just grab my hand and lead me to where he wanted to nurse and then position me or push me down to show me he wanted me to lay down. Always clear on what he wants
#46 of 57 Old 12-06-2005, 02:48 PM

My DD is almost 2 1/2 and she asks for "mommy moak". Most of the time she is very polite about it and asks in a low voice. However she isn't very diplomatic yet when she wants it. She doesn't ask all the time either. She nurses maybe once a day.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#47 of 57 Old 12-06-2005, 06:07 PM

my 14mo asks for "me-me". She started saying this when I would ask, "Do you need me?" when others were around trying to offer play/water/attention but couldn't figure out why she was still crying/wining.
#48 of 57 Old 12-07-2005, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsteineke
my 14mo asks for "me-me". She started saying this when I would ask, "Do you need me?" when others were around trying to offer play/water/attention but couldn't figure out why she was still crying/wining.
That's very sweet.
#49 of 57 Old 12-10-2005, 04:21 AM

My 3.5 yr. old ds asks for "mom-mom's" -- that's just how his earliest baby talk evolved: he would reach out to me (or up) and say "mom" "mom" repeatedly until I started bf'g him. So it just stuck. I like it because a) it's cute and b) no one else (strangers) knows what he means.

Now, he has a new ritual (since he's only nursing a few, at most, times a day): when he wakes up & wanders out of our bed (I'm often already up with ds#2, 11 mo's), he declares, "My morning snack is always mom-mom's." Then he gets up beside me & 'sneaks' onto my lap with that innocent / mischievious look on his face!

If it's been a while (during that day), he'll state: "I haven't had mom-mom's in a long time, mommy." Also, if ds#2 is nursing he'll mention that when (Gryphin) is finished nursing on that side, he can have the other side.

Now, if I could only teach him to stop letting his teeth rub against me nipple...!
#50 of 57 Old 08-18-2006, 07:18 PM

I know this is a really old thread - can I still post?

My DD (who's over 5 now) calls them runkies. When she was born I would ask her if she wanted to nurse, and DS, who was 4 at the time, didn't like that. He said to call it hungries. So for a long time we would have hungries. Then when DD began to talk, she couldn't say hungries. It turned into runkies. So now we do runkies.
#51 of 57 Old 08-18-2006, 07:41 PM

"NURSE ME RIGHT NOW, YOU FART!" My three yr old dd is a very wilful child, and has three older sibs who teach her charming words.

"With the thoughts I'd be thinkin', I could be another Lincoln,

If I only had a brain."duh.gif

#52 of 57 Old 08-19-2006, 03:00 AM

The cutest most recent request from 3 yr old dd," Mommy, may I have some of your precious milk?"
#53 of 57 Old 08-19-2006, 07:22 AM
My DS, who is now 43 months, just snuggles at my neck and mutters 'duddu' (colloquial for 'milkies') particularly if one is in a earshot. Otherwise, he just speaks out 'duddu' clearly. DD who is about 29 months still does not say anything, makes noises as if uncomfortable, and complaining and starts tugging at my shirt.
Uzra
#54 of 57 Old 08-21-2006, 01:44 PM

My 2 1/2 yo asks for "MURSIE" which is always hysterically funny. My friends son asks for nursey sides....
#55 of 57 Old 08-21-2006, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoamama
"NURSE ME RIGHT NOW, YOU FART!"
: : laughup laughup
#56 of 57 Old 08-21-2006, 07:15 PM

For the last several months S would ask for "Na-na! In da beed!" and now that she's learned other locations she'll say, "on da couch," "in a char," etc. And just this week she's been differentiating between "nana mulk" and "mulk a cow" that she sees in the refrigerator but won't drink.

M, around this same age, would let go of one side with a big smack of her lips, grin, and say, "Udder cider?"

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

#57 of 57 Old 08-29-2006, 12:21 AM

She says "I need a break", or "let's go upstairs and have doodoo on the big bed".

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page