I *hate* CLW during PMS!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 12-08-2005, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I truly hate nursing while PMSing. The sensations just make me want to crawl out of my skin. I hate the feeling of them nursing. I hate the hands patting/pinching/rubbing/etc. I just really, truly Every.Single.Month think I want to wean from about 4-5 days before my cycle to about 2 days into my cycle. I HATE IT! and of course, they sense it, so they want to nurse more and more and more......

Last night, I put my 27 month old to bed without her precious nilkies. Now, I had nursed her for over an hour. She just kept playing/rubbing, she loves to stick her hand up my shirt and down my sleeve, which under normal circumstances, makes me want to but last night, just was sending me through the roof! So I told her that if she did it again, there would me no more nilkies. She grinned, and did it again. So I unlatched her. She didnt' believe me at first, but then we had a conversation about it being Mommy's body and Mommy's body does NOT like it when she does that. And she asked if she could nurse "while it is still dark outside" and I said "yes" (we're still working on not nightnursing so much) and she snuggled with me and went to sleep. She's NEVER gone to sleep without nursing before!! I am so grateful about that. But this morning in bed, she's nursing and that HAND...Ugh. Makes me want to throw up during PMS. And then 40 month old, just wiggles herself into position and rubs my breast and and I just......I dont' know. Again, under normal circumstances, I just laugh at her, so it's not her it's ME! I just can't handle it this week!!!

Okay, whew. I needed to get that off my chest. Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one who gets just nutso over nursing during this time of the month!! It's not like this has been a normal month for us anway, with everything that's going on and Christmas coming and no money and everyone and their brother calling wanting to know what's going on with dh and me having no answers, except I know I'm trying to keep it all from the kids and........well, my stress level is through the roof anyway.

I guess I need to hear that I'm not crazy. I'm not nuts. Other mommies who CLW feel this way sometimes too, right?
#2 of 18 Old 12-08-2005, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I guess I need to hear that I'm not crazy. I'm not nuts. Other mommies who CLW feel this way sometimes too, right?
You're totally not alone. My physical response (and sometimes emotionally) is exacerbated for me when my period is pending. It gets better when I "start".

I have such a heightened reaction to the rubbing, exploring, patting hands that I had to say "no" to that all the time. You are much more able to respond that than I was.

If I recall, there might be some flower essences or homeopathics that could help you during the PMS times. Probably some herbal hormonal support would work,too.
#3 of 18 Old 12-08-2005, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by APMom98
OK, you might be crazy and nuts (as I am,) but you're certainly not the only CLW mama to feel this way!

Remember that it's perfectly OK to set limits (such as "keep your @#$%@ hands to yourself!!!!") whenever something is uncomfortable for you.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#4 of 18 Old 12-08-2005, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APMom98
A week before my period I do have some negative feelings when my ds nurses. As soon as I start I'm fine though. My nipples are also a little sore during that week which doesn't help. I try to just remember it will pass soon.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#5 of 18 Old 12-09-2005, 01:14 AM

just a chime in here quickly that this is only my 2nd cycle since M was made and YIKES, I start getting (in these two months, maybe it won't be every time?!?!?!) excrutiating sensations, nipples hurting, nausea, etc. from the long nursing sessions (she's a big, big, big frequent nurser).

I'm not going to cut back unless she wants to, but, HOLY COW, I hear you!

--Heather
#6 of 18 Old 12-09-2005, 10:53 PM

I totally relate to everything you said. I have put limits on the hands. No pinching, no rubbing, just open hand patting is allowed. I think I slip and let her squeeze and such sometimes because it doesn't bother me that much....but boy boy, when it's PMS time. It's aweful!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#7 of 18 Old 12-09-2005, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Mamas! Thank you....Thank you.....Thank you....
#8 of 18 Old 12-10-2005, 07:30 AM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! It makes me *insane* when I'm PMSing. *whew* I feel better now....

And my nipples burn like I have thrush in them when I'm PMSing, too.
#9 of 18 Old 12-17-2005, 05:39 PM

so glad to know about these problems before i get there
#10 of 18 Old 12-17-2005, 07:40 PM

I was wondering if i was crazy! My nipples have been bothering me alot.I guess i should talk to dd about that.It's like you just want to get up and walk away...and yet you just want to stay right there!!!
#11 of 18 Old 12-17-2005, 09:07 PM

Yeah, nipples tend to be quite sore during PMS, so nursing can be tough, but I am only starting to be regular again and I sort of like knowing that when the nips are sore the period is only a few days away. Try rescue remedy, it is a homeopathic...supposed to be for stress but I find that it helps with the short temper during PMS. Also, Traditional Medicinals makes a lavender chamomile tea. It is supposed to be for nervous stomach or something but it helps with tension. Deep breaths too!!!
#12 of 18 Old 12-17-2005, 09:53 PM

Yes, it can be really awful. I make sure to keep DS's nails really extra short during that time, b/c that's what seem to bother me the most. It's funny b/c the rest of the month, I started noticing how hard he is on my nippes and it doesn't bother me in the least - he pinches, pulls and grabs at them. But during those few days leading up to AF, argh, it makes me crazy. This last cycle I even found myself batting his hand away in the middle of the night, that's how irritating it was.

But then, it all passes in a couple of days and all is well again. He likes twiddling SO much I can't bear to not let him b/c of a few days when I'm a little nutty.

I try to count to 10 when it's really making me nutty. Usually if I can do that over and over again when I'm about to go insane, I can get through that nursing session. I've also started asking him to be gentle on them and then he'll just rub with his open palm, which isn't that bad.

*~* A * Mama to C and A * *~* I blog - PM me for the URL
#13 of 18 Old 12-18-2005, 02:53 AM

Oh my gosh! I could have started this thread!
I feel like crawling out of my skin and running away when dd starts her twiddling and manhandling my poor aching boobs!
I even slap her hands away at night and try to pin them underneath my body
#14 of 18 Old 12-18-2005, 02:03 PM

I'm in that boat right now. Ahhhh!!!! I just heard about Evening Primrose to ease the pain. Anyone tried it?
#15 of 18 Old 12-18-2005, 03:58 PM

Going thought this now. My nipples feel like I just started nursing. We are down to a few nursing a week now. DS is 6 and we are talking about weaning for xmas. I know I don't have much milk and am wondering if this is why my nipples feel so sore. Plus I should start in a few days.They always hurt a little before AF but not like this. Once he gets on and starts to nurse I have to say stop. Then we try again. It is really getting to both of us.
#16 of 18 Old 12-20-2005, 09:59 PM

I gotta say, this month as my period approaches, I feel like VOMITING when I'm nursing! What is that all about? Not every time, but if I'm still and paying attention, it's that creepy-crawly feeling intensified to feel like I might puke!

What biological reason would that happen for?

No way am I going to not let her nurse as much as she wants, but, with THIS feeling, I tell you, the feeling of relief when she's almost done, oh, hallelujah!

so glad this forum's here...

--H
#17 of 18 Old 12-22-2005, 05:28 PM

I'm with you -- like last night and today I thought I was going to lose my mind and say that's it ... no more nursing ... ever!!!! Phew. Hours later, my period arrives and my sanity is returning. It's such a tough time and it's true, the more I want to stop, the more DS wants to nurse.
#18 of 18 Old 01-03-2006, 08:35 AM

hey, just wanted to say i'm the same! my ds (3yr2mths) loves to scratch and pinch and stroke my armpits.... this cycle i've started taking evening primrose oil primarily b/c am hoping it'll help me get pregnant again but it's really helped with pms which is an unexpected bonus - my pms was really bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page