Mothering Forum banner

Stress in my life=stress in my nurslings' life=NON STOP NURSING!

721 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SereneBabe 
#1 ·
OMG, I just need to vent. I am not weaning her, nor do I have any intentions of weaning her, but she is Driving.Me.INSANE
She's almost 3. She nurses CONSTANTLY. Seriously. Like every 45 minutes-1 hour. No matter where we are, or what we're doing. We were at playland yesterday, PLAYLAND....lots of other kids to play with, lots of things to do...."Mommy, I want nilkies" She's waking at night again, fussing to nurse, even though we nightweaned *months* ago. My older tandem nursling weaned about 5-6 weeks ago, and I was honestly looking forward to a little bit of a break.....but nooooo.
This will pass, this will pass, this will pass...I say it 1000X a day and it makes no difference at all.

Yes, there's a lot of stress right now. Dh is being an ass again
He's supposed to be home in a few weeks and things are not looking good. I'm stressed about that. About finances. About the kids, how they are dealing with the homecoming, the upcoming move, Ds starting school in a new state. I'm stressed about extended family stuff. I get that it's normal. She's trying to calm us both down. She feels my stress, more than either of the other two ( I need to read about crystal children, I sense that she has that gift
) She's trying to reconnect with me, my stress level is causing my patience not to be as apparent as it should be. I get it. But her nursing is causing me MORE STRESS> I'm angry when I'm in the middle of something and she *has* to nurse. She will not wait a minute until I'm finished. If I don't stop whatever I'm doing and nurse her, she cries....if she cries, she throws up.
And then, she nurses for 30-40 minutes at a time. I mean, seriously. I have two other children and a house to care for. I cannot, just cannot spend 6-8 hours a day doing nothing but nursing her. She isn't a newborn. She's not an infant. Hell, with her verbal skills and social skills, she's a preschooler, easily. But still, she's only 2. not quite 3. I know that she's a baby. I know that she needs this. But still.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've said this in here before, but I've been in your shoes so many times and finally founds something that works (for us). We have "yes nah-nah" days where I promise that unless I am pooping or driving she can nurse -- I will IMMEDIATELY STOP whatever I'm doing if she wants to nurse.

I swear, as soon as I tell her we're having a yes-nah-nah day, she stops asking. (Sometimes she keeps it up, but it's a heck of a lot more relaxing for ME.)

Maybe this could work for you, too? (Maya turns 3 in July.)

--Heather

ETA: just one more time of saying I TOTALLY know what you are going through... and, for us, the more I try to have one freakin' break, the "worse" it gets... and, I know you know, but, it WILL pass. ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.