just need support - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 51 Old 09-29-2006, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Angela,
Two years of age is a major nursing time. Marah Jade was nursing as much then as she did when she was a newborn. I found that sometimes she was just bored and so if we weren't doing anything nursing was top of her list of favorite things to do. It will ebb again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 51 Old 09-29-2006, 08:02 PM

Ohhhh, the molars. Hang in there. I try to remember how badly I start to panic when he skips a day of nursing. It puts the hard core nursing days in perspective.

Keep the big picture in mind... you rock mama

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#33 of 51 Old 09-29-2006, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

SKIPS a day? You're kidding right? That's at least 3 years off at this point (sure FEELS that way )

-Angela
#34 of 51 Old 09-29-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post

SKIPS a day? You're kidding right? That's at least 3 years off at this point (sure FEELS that way )

-Angela

DS is only 27 months and it's only happened 3 or so times. And I was MISERABLE emotionally and physically.
I still use my old joke trick that I have posted about before. Sometimes I lift his shirt and kiss his belly and say "I want to nurse" and he laughs so hard he sometime give me a break.

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#35 of 51 Old 09-30-2006, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

I offered dd "Daddy moo" today. She said "Nooooo, I want MOMMY moo!"

-Angela
#36 of 51 Old 09-30-2006, 08:34 AM

I am just a big boob.

Surely you're part donkey to........

I found this age and this stage a perfect opportunity with ds to start talking about other people (ok my) bodies and how to repec them. I felt this was especially important for a boy but would be applicable to a girl to. I wanted him to understand that we have a nursing relationship and htat I got to set some boundaries and rules to.
#37 of 51 Old 09-30-2006, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, we had a long talk about respecting mama's body. Sometimes it helps....

-Angela
#38 of 51 Old 09-30-2006, 04:22 PM

Sometimes toddlers nurse so much when they are bored/insecure/just want your attention. For example. she might have wanted to nurse so much during the TV show, as she wanted your attention to be on HER, instead of the TV. Or sometimes during playgroup, especially if it was a large group, she might have been unsure of how to play/interact with the other kids or just feeling a little unsure in a large group. Sometimes nursing can take the place of other meaningful mother/todder interaction (like reading books, playing games., etc. ).

My almost 2 year old nurses a lot too...but I defintely see a difference in the amount of nursing, if I am able to spend more focused time on her (reading books, playing) Or, at playgroup, sometimes if I just take a little time to show her the toys, help her play and play with her, she nurses just a bit less. Making sure she gets lots of outside playtime and sunshine also seems to help keep the nursing down to a more managable time (insteasd of near constantly). It just puts everyone in a better mood, and she is less clingy, less bored, happier, etc.

I am certainly not trying to wean or anything, but I do try to make sure that nursing is balanced into our day with other meaningful interactions and fun things to do, so it just one thing we do, instead of something she wants to do almost all the time.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 treehugger.gif

#39 of 51 Old 09-30-2006, 10:03 PM

Ds was exactly that way, demanding, constantly and I mean constantly nursing. Some playgroups he nursed the entire time! At 37 months, he weaned with very slight encouragement from me. Now he tells me he can't remember nursing...

All I can say is enjoy these moments...she won't be like this forever!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#40 of 51 Old 09-30-2006, 10:07 PM

s
My ds nursed a lot when he was getting 2 yr molars. Hang in there.
#41 of 51 Old 09-30-2006, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlein26 View Post
All I can say is enjoy these moments...she won't be like this forever!

Thanks. I work hard to remember that. Which reminds me, I need to get dh to take more nursing pics.

-Angela
#42 of 51 Old 10-01-2006, 02:08 AM

angela
I don't have any words of advice since my dd is only 8 months old but you didn't ask for advice. Does it help to know that hearing about you nursing your 2 year old inspires me to keep going for at least that long with my dd. I have tough days (and nights) nursing too and there are times when I feel I'll never make it til she's two but reading your posts about breastfeeding really inspire me.

that's all

pauline
#43 of 51 Old 10-01-2006, 02:15 AM - Thread Starter

It does help. A lot really.

Breastfeeding a child is a journey. Like any journey it has its ups and its downs. Somehow a journey is easier if you know others are on it with you. It helps a great deal to know that my journey has eased someone elses', even in a small way.

-Angela
#44 of 51 Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 AM
DBZ

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just wanted to come and give you some sympathy.

Hugs
Kara

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#45 of 51 Old 10-01-2006, 02:52 AM

If you're on a journey you need: this book.
#46 of 51 Old 10-01-2006, 03:15 AM

Angela my ds sounds just like your dd. He definitely nurses more than a newborn at this point and it's driving me nuts lately. I am hoping he will be ready to share 6 months from now. I just keep telling myself he won't be nursing forever and they grow up so quickly.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#47 of 51 Old 10-01-2006, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemelos View Post
You already said it yourself. Well, at least you aren't pregnant while all this is going on.

That would be me ... I think. My son will be 3 in December, still nursing like crazy: . And I just took a pregnancy test that had a slightly pink line. So I am pretty sure that is me.

OP, I know exactly what you are talking about with the body part rearrangements You are definitely NOT alone in this

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
#48 of 51 Old 10-01-2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Breastfeeding a child is a journey. Like any journey it has its ups and its downs. Somehow a journey is easier if you know others are on it with you.

It really is, isn't it! And social support truly does alleviate the occasional burden of an "unusual" journey...nursing an older, demading toddler/child!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).
#49 of 51 Old 10-01-2006, 08:24 PM

your post sounds a lot like my dd last year...

now we nurse at themost 2X a day (in themornign when we first wake up most mornings, and in the evening before bed... just 2 months ago, she was still nursign about 8 X a day.

i tried pumping today and got no milk in the bottle, and 1 drop in the shield itself... i think we are almost done :

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#50 of 51 Old 10-03-2006, 05:38 AM

Quote:

Yeah, what's the deal with her new-found RIGHT to rearrange my body parts?

sigh....

-Angela
Oh my dd still thinks my body is her own- she's 3. This is MY booboo mama- you can't have any! She's sometimes "share" with dh (he pretends to nurse and she pats his head until she decides it's enough and shoves him out of the way ). Or her most recent obsession- leave the booboo open mama! Um, honey I have to go *outside* not going to happen. LOL Insert tantrum here X : Or she'll pat my boob and if I ask her to stop she'll tell me it's her booboo and it doesn't hurt to pat it- at all! Ah, the joys of a talking nursling.
#51 of 51 Old 10-05-2006, 08:42 PM

Oh, Angela, I hear ya! My dd is a nursing fiend herself, and sometimes I tell DH that the only thing she wants me for is my boobs! s and sympathy!

, , , and

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page