There's nothing like verbal nurslings :) - Mothering Forums
1 2  3 
Child-Led Weaning > There's nothing like verbal nurslings :)
sebarnes's Avatar sebarnes 04:26 AM 06-07-2007
When I'm having one of those days where I'm wondering why in the world I'm doing CLW, dd inevitably reminds me of one of the many reasons. Today's reason - singing about nursing

DH was lying down with her while she went to sleep. She's really been into making up and singing songs, and as I was passing by the door, I heard her singing:

"I have nummers! (our word for mama's milk)
I take my babies and nurse them!
I nurse and nurse and nurse!
Then we laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh!"

How could i ever give that up?

Redheaded_Momma's Avatar Redheaded_Momma 01:08 PM 06-07-2007
sebarnes that is so sweet! Keep up the good work
mountainborn's Avatar mountainborn 12:27 AM 06-08-2007
My most recent verbal nursing child moment:

We're in the grocery store and ds (26 months) sees a magazine cover with Tyra Banks in a very small bikini - and yells,

"Momma! She's got nursers!"

I thought, Yes! That's what they're there for.
sebarnes's Avatar sebarnes 04:35 AM 06-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainborn View Post
My most recent verbal nursing child moment:

We're in the grocery store and ds (26 months) sees a magazine cover with Tyra Banks in a very small bikini - and yells,

I thought, Yes! That's what they're there for.

mommy21princess's Avatar mommy21princess 02:08 PM 06-08-2007
Cute, it would be nice if more ppl thought that way and could hear our little ones and how happy it makes them. My dh is getting on the spill that dd is turning two in a few months and will be weaning. URGHH what to do!
BensMamacita's Avatar BensMamacita 04:07 PM 06-20-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainborn View Post

That's so cute, there's an old pinup bikini picture of Tyra in our garage and my ds has always loved it. It was the first thing he pointed at - with a big grin on his face!
rmzbm's Avatar rmzbm 09:00 PM 06-20-2007
:
happyhippimama's Avatar happyhippimama 09:23 PM 06-20-2007
My DS age 2.5 said "mmmmm, good milk mama!" And smacked his lips.

He also says, at ANY point during the day, "i'm so tired mama. I go lay down mama's bed and nurse?" He fake yawns REAL big. He knows that nap/bedtime is basically the only time that he nurses.
ChinaDoll 04:30 PM 06-21-2007
Awww, how sweet
BlueStateMama's Avatar BlueStateMama 10:11 AM 06-23-2007
So cute!!! I love nursing a toddler. The other day DD pulled off, looked up at me and (gesturing to my breast) said, "Sip, mama??" She wanted to share!! (I was like "No thanks, kiddo, I'm all good.")
sebarnes's Avatar sebarnes 10:29 AM 06-23-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStateMama View Post
So cute!!! I love nursing a toddler. The other day DD pulled off, looked up at me and (gesturing to my breast) said, "Sip, mama??" She wanted to share!! (I was like "No thanks, kiddo, I'm all good.")
Awww!
nikihodges's Avatar nikihodges 06:05 AM 06-24-2007
great song...you should record it
elizabethrose's Avatar elizabethrose 06:25 PM 06-24-2007
awww! I wish my 2 yr old could talk so I could have these adorable nursing comments to! All he does when he wants to nurse is pant, like a doggie, seriously!
mhr1406's Avatar mhr1406 11:09 AM 06-26-2007
this thread is so cute!!! ds is just now getting to the point where he says yummu munk mama (yummy milk mama) and I just LOVE it:
I can't wait to see the other things he starts to say

The song is just adorable!
SereneBabe's Avatar SereneBabe 05:21 PM 06-26-2007
read that song to Maya and she wants me to sing it over and over again, she LOVES it! :-)
mommy2julia's Avatar mommy2julia 11:31 PM 07-29-2007
Julia calls breasts "tunnies"--so she always is pointing out if people have tunnies.. She always like to ask, Can I nurse tunnies please..

I asked her what tunnie milk tasted like, she replied "yummy food"
boatbaby's Avatar boatbaby 01:54 AM 07-30-2007
DS will often nurse and then pop off with a milky face and kiss me on the lips and say...

"I give you nana kisses so we can share your yummy ice cream milkies!"
speairson's Avatar speairson 12:02 PM 07-30-2007
So cute! I love it when my dd talks about nursing. The other day my MIL had taken a bunch of the grandkids and me and dh to Chuck E. Cheese and I nursed Jade there. On the way home we were talking about all the fun things she did and I asked her what was her favorite and she said "the merry go round and nuring"
chandasz's Avatar chandasz 05:23 PM 07-30-2007
My most recent favorite from my 3 year old.

On waking in the morning:
"mmmm Mommy-- I smell something yummy...."
then she starts rubbing her hands together, laughs and says
"to nursie!"
menomena's Avatar menomena 05:36 PM 07-30-2007
I love, love, love having a verbal nursing.

One time she got hurt and she said, "Mama nurse you [meaning her] & feel better".

Another time, she started spontaeously singing, "I like to nurse! I like to nurse!"

She told a friend the other day, "I Loooooove to nurse!"

Yep, makes me proud to be able to meet her needs that she so eloqently describes.
Maggirayne's Avatar Maggirayne 06:25 PM 07-30-2007
I can't wait until my 12 week old DD talks. This is so fun! I'm planning on CLW-ing. My dad thinks it's cool; my mom says once they can ask for it they are too old. DH is supportive of nursing but said yesterday we'll have to talk about how long. Reading threads like this really encourage me and make me look forward to BFing when she's older.

She already will let go and look up at me and smile and make noises trying to talk to me. I can't wait until she's understandable.
That Is Nice's Avatar That Is Nice 10:43 PM 07-30-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarnes View Post
When I'm having one of those days where I'm wondering why in the world I'm doing CLW, dd inevitably reminds me of one of the many reasons. Today's reason - singing about nursing

DH was lying down with her while she went to sleep. She's really been into making up and singing songs, and as I was passing by the door, I heard her singing:

"I have nummers! (our word for mama's milk)
I take my babies and nurse them!
I nurse and nurse and nurse!
Then we laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh!"

How could i ever give that up?
Oh, that is very sweet and very cute.
aravinda's Avatar aravinda 04:16 PM 08-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikihodges View Post
great song...you should record it

my dd said some time ago (age ~3.75) that she first nurses to "get a border" before having a meal.

Aravinda
triscuitsmom's Avatar triscuitsmom 03:12 AM 08-03-2007
This are *so* sweet.
tsfairy's Avatar tsfairy 04:05 AM 08-03-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethrose View Post
awww! I wish my 2 yr old could talk so I could have these adorable nursing comments to! All he does when he wants to nurse is pant, like a doggie, seriously!
Too funny! DS is turning 2 next week and has recently started meowing like a kitten when he wants to nurse. He says "milk" (which sounds like "mah") and then starts meowing. So cute.
cuttiebearmom's Avatar cuttiebearmom 03:06 PM 08-06-2007
DD2 is 22mo and VERY verbal (second kid I think). Last spring she started screaming "MILK" during the day whenever she wanted to nurse (just rolls over at night!). We talked and I told her she didn't need to scream but just come up and ask (thinking I could at least try). Low and behold she dosen't scream any more she comes up to me and WHISPERS! Ha, it's actually very very cute. I guess me asking her not to scream but ask nicely to her meant she should whisper. So sweet.
fiddledebi's Avatar fiddledebi 09:27 PM 08-06-2007
At one point a couple of months ago, my now 2yo nursling unlatched herself, smiled up at me, and said "Tummy happy!!!"
purple_kangaroo's Avatar purple_kangaroo 05:39 AM 08-07-2007
The other day, mine started giggling and then told me I had bubbles in my milk.
coobabysmom's Avatar coobabysmom 11:49 AM 08-08-2007
Oh! These little nurslings made my day. So, so cute!!!!

(ds and I are experiencing some temporary nursing frustration. I have bronchitis and haven't been eating, so my supply has dipped and having 28lbs on my chest just hurts right now...Thanks for giving me a little cheer .)

Sorry for the derail and back to the super cute nursling stories!
narcheska's Avatar narcheska 09:48 AM 08-10-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
She already will let go and look up at me and smile and make noises trying to talk to me.
So cute! My DD is doing that too. She will pull off, look at me and make her cooing noises at me. I say, 'Boobie milk is yummy, hey?' and she grins and practically head butts me in her rush to start feeding again.

I've also begun saying to her in the mornings while she is laying on my bed, 'What time is it? It's boobie time!!' and she throws her arms around and kicks her legs like crazy and grins and makes all her excited noises. My DH is in hysterics every time. He thinks she is soooo clever to understand
1 2  3 

Up