Thread for nursing & pg mamas??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 11-15-2007, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I looking in the wrong place? Is there a thread out there for people nursing while pregnant? I'm there and looking for support. Thanks.
#2 of 18 Old 11-15-2007, 10:44 PM

congrats on your pregnancy mama. i nursed ds while i was preg with dd...but he wenaed pretty quickly when i had no/very little milk.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#3 of 18 Old 11-15-2007, 11:41 PM

i nursed my entire pregnancy and now tandem and have been for 14 months now.
#4 of 18 Old 11-24-2007, 07:23 PM

i'm nursing thru my 2nd pg now- also expecting in may!
#5 of 18 Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
J2

I am looking for a pregnant nursing mommas thread too. I don't know if I am pg yet. But I am wondering...for those that have been pg and nursing, how soon did nipple sensitivity while nursing start happening? And what did it feel like? I'm not sure if I am pregnant yet. But I have had some sensitivity while my son nurses. Especially during a strong let down. It is a painful feeling...but since I have a high tolerance for pain it doesn't like really really hurt or anything.
#6 of 18 Old 12-13-2007, 11:03 AM

congratulations on your pregnancy!

drink lots of water, that's really helpful for nipple sensitivity and supply. if you do lose your supply, the colustrum usually comes in around the end of the 2nd trimester. It's not like the milk supply that comes in after the baby is born, but it's something
there are many threads in all the categories of the breastfeeding forum. we've tried to get a tandem subforum which would include pregnancy, but i guess there's not enough interest? don't be afraid to start a support thread of your own.

i've nursed through 3 pregnancy's whether my supply has dwindled or not. each pregnancy is different. i nursed three during my last pregnancy. so it is doable
#7 of 18 Old 12-13-2007, 11:06 AM

Hi Mamas, I'm nursing and pregnant too. DS is 34 months and definitely still loves his mama milk. I don't imagine him stopping even if/when I lose my milk but who knows. My supply is definitely down and I've been limiting him some due to pain when it occurs, and he has been pretty good about it.

laurabelle, I had super sensitivity as soon as ovulation. OUCH. It got a LOT better though, after a few weeks. The main issue for me nursing during the 1st trimester has been that I get immediate nausea as soon as DS latches on. It just makes me not want to let him nurse, b/c it makes me feel so sick That is getting better now too, though, since I'm just about 12 weeks!

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#8 of 18 Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 PM

Congrats!
I am pregnant & nusing my 20 month old DD. It's going well & I plan to tandem, for a long time!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#9 of 18 Old 12-13-2007, 09:48 PM

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and have been nursing all through. My breasts didn't get sore at all ... until yesterday. Any idea why they'd be sore so late? Doc said early engorgement, but I'm breastfeeding! And I haven't had a supply surge. It can't be early labor hormones, can it?
#10 of 18 Old 12-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Congrats everyone! I'm newly pregnant and nursing my 26 mo. old. Having a little nipple sensitivity but that's about it. I am looking forward to nursing two, should be interesting. Mary

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12
#11 of 18 Old 12-16-2007, 05:28 PM

I'm still nursing my 17mo DS and I'm 19wks pregnant. My supply has almost completely gone even though I tried so very hard to keep that from happening. My DS still wants to nurse though even if it doesn't seem he's getting much. Recently though it has really become very uncomfortable and even painful at times. Sometimes I think..I can't wait until he stops nursing, (that's usually during uncomfortable times) and then I stop to think how sad I will be when he does stop.

Atara wife to Joseph mom to Kaleb and Jacob : Caeden Ashlyn : and our angel baby ,:,
#12 of 18 Old 12-17-2007, 12:24 AM

I'm nursing through my 3rd pregnancy. things are going well, I'm just super-paranoid of my 16 month old weaning too early. I really want to tandem nurse. I'm 13 weeks along and have no complaints. My nips aren't sore or sensitive, no breast pain yet. I'm actually hoping that nursing will prevent the plugged duct that shows up around week 30 every time under my arm. The thing will be the size of a nickel and drive me nuts for months! One thing I like about nursing while pregnant is when Henri pats my belly and says "baby" And when he makes the milky sign with both hands as fast as he can.
#13 of 18 Old 12-17-2007, 12:27 AM

Great thread! I'm nursing my 4 year old through pregnancy. It's going well, no problems at all really. She did seriously cut down nursing and said there was 'no milk' but now at 20 weeks pg she has informed me there is 'weird milk' that is 'yummy'... I'm guessing colostrum? So she has upped the nursing a bit, although not as much as before I got pg.

I thought this might induce weaning but now it seems not so much...
#14 of 18 Old 12-18-2007, 02:32 AM

HI,
I'm nursing my 3.5 yr old and 19 mo old- 6 weeks pregnant. Staring to feel natural and right to cut down on nursing oldest. Just not feeling good when nursing her and she is accepting the shorter nursing times (still 3x + per day). It feels natural butI am going to be so sad when it is done.
#15 of 18 Old 12-22-2007, 09:34 PM

I am 31w and still nursing my 17.5m/o

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#16 of 18 Old 12-22-2007, 10:26 PM

Congratulations to you all! I'm nursing my almost four year old, my almost two year old and due again in June

I agree that staying really hydrated helps with the nipple sensitivity, also make sure that you are getting plenty of support (I wear a sports bra 24/7) and in the right size.

Do unto children as you would have them do unto you ::
#17 of 18 Old 12-24-2007, 05:14 AM

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and nursing my 15 month old!
#18 of 18 Old 12-24-2007, 06:07 AM

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and nursing my 3.5 year old. She cut right down to one or two feeds a day in early pregnancy telling me there was no milk but around 20 weeks started to say the milk was back and it tasted like ice cream. About 22 weeks I noticed I had some drops of clear colostrum there and she's back up to 3-4 nursings a day now which is kind of nice.

I had quite sore nipples in the beginning which reduced to merely sensitive after about 15 weeks. They're now still very sensitive but as long as she is latched well not actually sore.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page