Mamas nursing 4 year olds?? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You confess that you are ignorant, but then continue to spew your ignorant opinions? Classy.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM

If you had come here asking an honest question about the benefits, no one would have a problem. When you come here saying you don't know the benefits, but it must be detrimental, etc, then that is ignorant, and no you cannot say whatever you want here. Do you know what site you are on?

#93 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

You are on MDC, on a thread FOR MAMAS NURSING 4 YEAR OLDS. Not 'for mamas to defend to people who are clueless why we are nursing 4 year olds.'
#94 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycountess View Post
So yes, I must be in the wrong place.
Wow, you figured out the mystery! Good for you.
#95 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 11:37 AM

Like I said, if you has asked questions with an open mind and no negativity, people would have gladly answered you.

You want evidence, do your own research. I am certainly not educating someone as rude as you. Like I said, the normal weaning age is between 2.5 and 7 with an average of 4.

I bet you wouldn't like it if someone judged you for not breastfeeding, so how about you keep your judgment to yourself.

The irony of open minded mamas is burning! "Be open minded to my judgment!"

#96 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 11:44 AM

#97 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 11:51 AM

Yes there is research. You don't want to research? Fine. Don't say there isn't any research when you haven't even bothered. I have researched it, so you are so clearly wrong.

#98 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 12:41 PM

My children could ask for it before a year. The Canadian Paediatrics Society, Health Canada, Dietitians Canada, and the World Health Organization recommend a minimum of two years of breastfeeding, and then for as long as is mutually desired.

You say you are open to learning, but then you say nursing a four year old is ridiculous. Do you think anyone wants to educate someone who is so rude? Do you not realize that you are calling every woman on this thread ridiculous?

What is the magic thing that happens when children can ask for it? Especially when it varies so wildly between babies and children.

You aren't a parent. You haven't breastfed. Yet you know what is best for moms and children even more than them or major health organizations. Right.

#99 of 104 Old 02-20-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismama View Post
Okay yeah so what do you (general you) do/think/feel about this? Coz mine says pretty much the exact same thing... I'm nursing til I'm ten, Im nursing til I'm a mama, when I'm a mama I will come over to your house and nurse.

Hey!! How did you get Fern?? Though she goes one better and say that I will also be able to nurse from her then.

I recently pointed out to her that children stop nursing eventually, her response? "Well, I'm not! I'm always going to nurse!"

She will change her mind at some point? Right?

nothing more to say I guess :
#100 of 104 Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 PM

i'm not in the club yet- ds is only 15 mos old, but i had to pop in and thank you girls for showing up at lll meetings. i went to one where i saw older nurslings (prob 3 or 4, maybe even 5 years old). i was very surprised at first because i had never seen this or even really thought about it. i began going to lll because family were pressuring me to start thinking about weaning and it felt wrong to me. anyway seeing those moms nurse, and reading on mdc has given me a lot of encouragement and inspiration. i hope one day to be a member of the club (should ds want to continue!). so thanks to you all!
#101 of 104 Old 02-22-2008, 01:43 AM

I say enjoy it. The other people don't know what they are missing. I only wish I could be nursing my 4 year old, but due to forces beyond my control, I had to wean him prematurely at 13 months
#102 of 104 Old 03-01-2008, 07:36 AM

I am nursing my 4-year-old and my 2-year-old on the 4 days a week they are with me. Both are very determined nurslings; during the beginning of my separation from my husband there was a horrendous time when he didn't let me see the kids for a month (really long story I don't care to get into too much), and my milk dried up. Our first step after that was 50/50 custody where we alternated weeks, and that did not help my milk at all, but when we got it switched to the current iteration the two of them got my milk back through sheer determination & have been going strong ever since.

I had seriously thought to wean Linda when she turned four, but this is such a tumultuous time in her life that there's simply no way I'm going to throw weaning on top of it (she now says she'll wean when she's six). She is as avid a nursling as the two-year-old.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#103 of 104 Old 03-01-2008, 09:17 AM

My lil man is a "mooki-monster" and we love it, he's almost 3 and a half. I'm very sad his lil bro had numerous probs that we haven't been feeding since he was 4 months old but at least I've still got one. I adore feeding and have no qualms about feeding him wherever he wants it, if ppl don't like it, they can stick it as far as I'm concerned. I'm prepared to feed him as long as he wants it and have my husbands support, even if I didn't I would still do it. I know I have been responsible for encouraging feeding in more than one of my friends, in dispelling stupid age-limits and spurring one of my friends into keeping going even when it was hard at first.
Breastfeeding is wayyy more than food, for Maddox, it's all about how it makes him feel, in his words, "I love mookies it makes me feel better, and it makes my tummy feel good"
::: ::::
#104 of 104 Old 03-01-2008, 12:47 PM

Oh, just saying yes, I am still nursing my 4 yr old once/day, though I don't enjoy it any more. He asks every morning and is not the least bit interested in giving it up any time soon. ds1 was 4 in Nov and I also have a 17 month old (and therefore still have milk). I ask ds1 occasionally when he thinks he'll stop drinking mama milk and he now says "when I'm 5" I just recently talked with other local moms as we were talking about nursing older kids and they all seemed "impressed" that I was tandem nursing - so I didn't feel like a freak though my ds was definitely the oldest of all the nurslings there. I guess I felt more inspirational than anything, the "yes, if we can do it, you can too" idea.

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page