So nursing makes my skin crawl..REALLY - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 74 Old 02-27-2008, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulce de leche View Post
Absolutely! For me, soy is the trigger. It spikes my estrogen levels and nursing suddenly feels awful. If you have started eating any type of diet foods recently (they often contain high levels of soy protein) that could be the cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donannedean View Post
I don't have time to read all the posts so maybe someone already wrote this
My sister had the same problem. It was from lack of minerals. Even prenatals may not be absorbed by your body. You could try liquid minerals.
Good luck
Donanne
Hi, I posted in a couple other threads hoping for help with this as I am ready to break all the dishes in the house every time my baby latches on, it's a skin crawling tickly torture feeling. Baby is my first and only three weeks old.

My baby also recently broke out with facial acne which I read someplace has to do with estrogen, mentioned here as a heebie jeebie trigger. I don't think I have a lot of soy in my diet but will be reading all the labels in the fridge.

Someone else in this thread mentioned weight loss as a trigger for the heebie jeebie nursing feeling -- I gained about 50 lbs with the pregnancy, the baby was over 9 lb. and I am about 10 lb. above my pre-pregnancy weight now, do I need to gain back some weight maybe? The baby is gaining nicely.

I am taking pre-natals but ran out of calcium last week, maybe that is adding to my problem... am going to double my water intake for the dehydration issue...

Any other suggestions? Obviously weaning is not an option with a three week old baby... I feel so horrible and stressed out!!! I really want this to work. Please help!!!
#62 of 74 Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamumama View Post
Hi, I posted in a couple other threads hoping for help with this as I am ready to break all the dishes in the house every time my baby latches on, it's a skin crawling tickly torture feeling. Baby is my first and only three weeks old.

My baby also recently broke out with facial acne which I read someplace has to do with estrogen, mentioned here as a heebie jeebie trigger. I don't think I have a lot of soy in my diet but will be reading all the labels in the fridge.

Someone else in this thread mentioned weight loss as a trigger for the heebie jeebie nursing feeling -- I gained about 50 lbs with the pregnancy, the baby was over 9 lb. and I am about 10 lb. above my pre-pregnancy weight now, do I need to gain back some weight maybe? The baby is gaining nicely.

I am taking pre-natals but ran out of calcium last week, maybe that is adding to my problem... am going to double my water intake for the dehydration issue...

Any other suggestions? Obviously weaning is not an option with a three week old baby... I feel so horrible and stressed out!!! I really want this to work. Please help!!!
When my babies were that young, I would get the creepy crawlies sometimes too. For me it was because of lack of sleep.

And just recently I have had this happen a few times with dd who is now 18 months. My LLL leader suggested it might be because I'm "touched out". Considering how clingy she has been(we've all been really sick) it makes sense for us.

senior majikfaerie cult member
#63 of 74 Old 02-28-2008, 10:25 PM

:

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#64 of 74 Old 03-01-2008, 09:15 AM

Hugs all around to you mamas. I went through this with my oldest (now 13) when I was tandeming. It was such an emotionally painful time, because I had so wanted that slow peaceful weaning process, and I felt my son really wasn't ready to be weaned. :

People would try to be understanding and say that stuff "oh, yea, sometimes it's annoying," and it drove me nuts because it was SO much more than just annoying. I would nurse through annoying for my sweet babies, but this was insanity-feeling.

My next child (no tandeming) had that nice slow weaning, and it was lovely. I wish you all gentle weanings, at least, and future CLW processes you treasure.
#65 of 74 Old 03-11-2008, 12:55 PM

Just an update, things have gotten better for me... whew! Thanks all for the helpful posts.
#66 of 74 Old 04-03-2008, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

My DS has weaned. Its been over a week since he last asked to nurse. We have talked about his party and he said he wasn't done nursing until he got his cake LOL. He knows he isn't going to nurse between now and then I think its more of a deal maker.

I found out while going through this that many moms who nursed pre schools experienced similar situations. One of my friends said its natures way of saying its time things need to end. She only dealt with the skin crawling sensation from a few of her kids..not all of them. One mom described the end of her nursing relationship to me as "he stopped latching on right so I had to stop, it made me feel funny." Hearing these stories from other women let me know that there wasn't something wrong with me. I had tried many of suggestions here and none of them stopped the "skin crawling" sensations.
I am in a different place with my DS. He does stuff now that he didn't do before. He will actually cuddle with me, he didn't do that before. I thought he was odd in that he wasn't cuddlier..but in reality nursing was all in one cuddle time..what's the point of having more than that. He goes down for naps and night time with a back rub..or sometimes alone. As of November of this past year he was nursing to sleep and it took him almost 20 minutes to go to sleep.
For myself I don't seem so called upon. I don't worry about the next time he's going to ask to nurse..will I be able to let him...or will it be too much...

Thanks everyone for your support and advice. I didn't really know what to do since i had thought that CLW really meant the child just stopped nursing one day. I had know idea my body would reject the idea of nursing.

Denise
#67 of 74 Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 AM

My daughter is nine months old and I get those feeling some times. I thought it was just me.
#68 of 74 Old 05-24-2008, 09:14 PM

Thank you so much for this thread, it was exactly what I needed to read. I'm so glad I'm not alone in this feeling, especially with tandeming. Thank you to all of you for sharing! And OP, I'm so glad things have turned out well.
#69 of 74 Old 05-25-2008, 05:32 PM

Glad you found a peaceful solution.

I can add that for both my kids around 4 - 4.5 years, they are just so strong that they suck harder than feels comfy and their mouths are bigger and I had to cut them to twice a day (night and morning), where I can only stand a couple minutes depending on how sleepy I am myself. (my dd weaned at almost 6, ds is almost done at 4:9)
#70 of 74 Old 05-25-2008, 05:49 PM

I wonder if the latch was also the problem for me. I didnt like nursing my 3 year old and never knew why and felt so guilty. I had wondered if it was her age but it didnt make sense to me because I admire mothers who prolong bf and I had planned to nurse for longer with dd1. I had been fine until she got to be 3. I ended up limiting the time bf her and trying to make up for it in other ways. I still feel guilty about it
#71 of 74 Old 05-26-2008, 07:14 PM

I feel for you mama, my DD is 2 now and I'm done nursing, unfortunately she isn't. I sometimes too get the heeby jeebies and will allow her to nurse only for a few minutes at bedtime. I have to turn over or she'll root around in her sleep for me. She is still waking up several times a night to nurse, sometimes I can get her back to sleep sometimes nursing is the only way. My DH say's it's time to stop as well, but last night he said "oh just nurse her so she'll go back to sleep" (gee honey your not tired ARE YOU!), when she decided she was done I looked at her, she had her eyes closed and then said "yummy" rolled over and went back to sleep. She cracks me up. Good Luck!
#72 of 74 Old 05-26-2008, 08:50 PM

i know the OP no longer has this problem but i wanted to share that a friend of mine, who nursed her ~3.5 year old several times a day, suddenly got the creepy crawly feeling and had to stop nursing immediately. she said she knew from that instant she was finished with nursing and told her daughter that her breasts were tired and had to rest.
#73 of 74 Old 12-20-2008, 06:48 PM

:

with love, bailey...
macey 5.18.08
#74 of 74 Old 12-28-2008, 06:07 AM

I know exactly how you feel.
dd is 2.5 and I am 36 wks pg...I've had serious aversion issues through half this pg.
I've battled with myself on whether I would be a better mom if we just weaned so she wouldn't have to suffer through me making her unlatch after 30 seconds or me crying through our nursing etc.
It's a hard question...is it better to keep going doing a little bit through thick frustration and resentment or better to quit altogether?
The only thing that has kept me going was the hope that my aversion will go away after the new baby comes.
If I were not pg, I think I would have taken it as a sign to wean.
Also...nightweaning helped us tremendously.
I felt a lot less resentment when I was well rested!
good luck!

artist mama to dd (5/06) and ds (1/09):, ::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page