This is a huge concern of mine.
It looks like I may have to UC after all. Not that I'm completely disappointed with this. Deep down, its what I've wanted. And, our situation seems to be leaving me with very few choices.
That probably sounds bad. Sorry. I know you ladies here understand. I've read that a person shouldn't UC *just because* of financial reasons. She should do it because she truly desires to do it. I'm guessing, zero fear of this decision confirms UC is the right choice.
Ideally, I'd like to have someone in the next room to be my back up. I'd rather that than to have to transfer to a hospital.
I've actually found a MW thats willing to travel and is supportive of UC. Only, she recommends a safety net. She is 4hrs away.
But I fear her sitting in on a false labor only to have to return 3 weeks later.
My biggest problem with people being at the birth is ME trying to entertain them and loosing focus on my labor.
With my other births I've managed to sell something to pay off the MW, delivery, birth materials and gifts for all my attendants. Two cars, land, and this time we were hoping the 'profit' of our house after closing will pay for all this.
The house was suppose to close in Nov. . The date was bumped up to Dec. . The buyer's lender won't give them a loan because they had an appraisal appraised the house 20k below our asking price. This is fishy because the tax appraisal is 10k ABOVE our asking price! We're willing to walk away even just to avoid foreclosure. It doesn't look like its going to work out that way.
Its not going to matter. Foreclosure is going to proceed in the next few days anyways. sigh.
On with it, I had a cervical lip with all three of my homebirths. The MW had to push the lip over the baby's head.
With dd (birth 3) MW screamed at me to stop pushing because I was pushing my uterus out. The cervical lip was still over her head.
I did not give birth to my uterus, thank goodness. But I gave birth to her in 2 minutes. She had to act quickly to get the lip out of the way.
Deep down, I think I rushed it because (this is going to sound soddy and pathetic) I didn't want to be a burden. I wanted to get it over with so I'm not taking too much of their time. I know, I know, time that I paid
My last birth, I pushed before dilation was complete. And once again MW had to push the cervical lip over the baby's head or else I'd give birth to my uterus along with the baby. But this time, I rushed it (not realizing how dangerous it was) because I wanted MW and everyone else to leave but didn't have the heart to tell them to leave because I was already 9cm and she lived 20 min. away. Everyone else lives much farther than that.
I can't bare the thought of not being able to pay for a safety net when hiring someone. That would be like stealing services. Unless a miracle happens with the house, there is no way I'll be able to come up with the money in time to pay off a MW, & the birth kit in time before the birth.
I'll feel better if I could get over this fear in hopes this will open the door for a safe delivery unassisted.
Anyone here know what the deal is about a cervical lip? How to avoid it? What to do? I really don't want to be delivering my uterus.